Antone Know

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Whats up. I have a b16a SirII Jdm engine. I am putting alot of mods on it an i was wondering if someone could give me and estimate on horsepower. Hers my mods

Msd ignition
Msg plug wires
Venom 400
Header
Ngk Platnuim Plus plugs
Cheap Exhaust from Advance lol
Ractive Intake

Does anyone have an estimate for me. Thanx

MSD = 1 if anything. Stock is good for ~375whp and 10k rpm's.
msd wires - read above
What header? all add different.
RActive ram or cai intake? either way, mayb 2-3hp
Cheap exhuaxst? 4-5 and countless money from investing in Advil.
NGK pp plugs? why? your motor isn't running hot enough for them.

Not sure what header. i ordered my engine from hybridrevolution and he said it comes with a headr so im not sure. thanx for the replys.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 6 2003, 03:10 AM
without that squeeze maybe 180 if your lucky.

I hope you're joking,170 is the base horse power of that motor,the only mods on that list that might free some of it up is the intake,and like Codee said 2-3 is possible and the exhaust,neither of which is going to add hp,only free up a little already existing power potential to the wheels.As for the little Venom thingy,never seen anything other than thier own ad for it,so I have no opinion about it.

If it started with 170 to begin with, I give that engine about 175-180 now, depending on how the Venom 400 is F'ing with it. I might be less than 170 if the Venom 400 is doing what it's been known to do... throw the tuning ut the window for an engine...

LOL check out some of the dyno's on like importtuner.com They take a 00si and they dyno like 140 or so maybe, just maybe and so I bet with those mods you might hit maybe, just maybe 150 or 150+.

A lot of the guys here have some serious mods, and tuning done to their car and yet they barely are making 170+ to the wheels.

I hope if I get this SIR II swap, I might make 150 with a few mroe bolt ons then you have listed.

My PHilosophy: Don't try to guess what you got, just run it and see what happens.

Originally posted by sweetcivicinlex@Apr 5 2003, 08:48 PM
Whats up. I have a b16a SirII Jdm engine. I am putting alot of mods on it an i was wondering if someone could give me and estimate on horsepower. Hers my mods

Msd ignition
Msg plug wires
Venom 400
Header
Ngk Platnuim Plus plugs
Cheap Exhaust from Advance lol
Ractive Intake

Does anyone have an estimate for me. Thanx

my 2 cents (these are just educated guesses):

MSD ign., plugs: i have never seen any dyno tests proving it increases power

Venom 400: this company knows its shit. i would expect some increase. rough guess: 2-8whp

header: headers are usually a sure power adder. i would guess 3-7whp (based on what ive seen advertised)

NGK platinum plugs: get rid of them! platinum is for longevity, not performance. get the copper ones (V-power). they cost alot less too! maybe 1-2whp over platinum (a wild guess)

Cheap exhaust: if its cat-back: maybe 3-4whp. if its just a muffler, maybe 1-2whp.

ractive intake: 1-2whp maybe. should get either AEM, Injen, DC Sports, or K&N. those all use K&N filters, which flow alot better than others.

Back