Any 24 Hours of LeMons Racers Here?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You'll get a couple hundred for that interior, and another couple hundred for the set of wheels (it looks like they've been installed incorrectly.)

Shame you'll be doing this with a car with no body damage already... I say flip it for 2k and start from there.

If this spreadsheet makes sense:

-One of the team members had to take a flight to saint louis to get the car
-he drove it back, and got two speeding tickets
--one because the speedo didn't work
--second one because the speedo didn't work and the tail lights were out
-we sold a lot of stuff off the car

-one of the team mates was a welder, so no labor expense on the cage
-we got the cage for cost of tubing because our team mate who was a welder made a deal

Important thing to note is that we didn't start with NEGATIVE VALUE, like we thought, that fell under "fancy accounting tricks" and we started at zero. BUT because we didn't bring our documentation to the bullshit inspection, we started at $500. We got an additional $100 added because the radiator was brand new.

Hope this helps.

EDIT:
Actually, after thinking about it, we got the cage welded for the cost of four brand new 175/60r15 tires that came off my Honda Fit when it was new.
You do know that safety equipment, like your cage and labor costs for the cage do not count towards the $500 value, right?

That is a nice looking lude!

You do know that safety equipment, like your cage and labor costs for the cage do not count towards the $500 value, right?

Yeah, I do, but you still have to pay for it. It's not free, and a lot of folks don't realize how much a cage costs.

We sold our car for $400, and sold the safety equipment for another $2200 (still in the car).

Yeah, I do, but you still have to pay for it. It's not free, and a lot of folks don't realize how much a cage costs.

We sold our car for $400, and sold the safety equipment for another $2200 (still in the car).
Ah yes, a good cage will run you around $2,000

Back