any body please help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drccivichb

aight i've got a 96 civic hatch. i want to do a motor swap, but i don't know what kind i should do? so i go b18c (think thats gsr), b16a1, b18c5, civic type R, or somthing else like b20vtec or lsvtec etc. i have no clue on which one i should do. also i don't know what i have to do to do it right. also i plan on boost later on so keep that in mind. budget up to $5,000-$6,000 aight any help please i'm tired or this d16 (non-vtec) crap! thanks

I would go a B18 (GSR) and lower the compression by switching out the pistons for lower compression pistons (for boost). to do the swap, i believe that you need mounts, definetly a conversion harness for OBD1 to OBD2. and then a shift linkage, axels, your probably going to have to wire in a knock sensor(if you don't have one) and maybe make the O2 sensor wires longer. And then get a bigger radiator and new hoses, all the fluids and probably a few other odds and ends. Best of luck!

Darin

kool thanks man. thats pretty kool we got the same name pretty much mines darrin aight well thank you and peace out

I THINK U SHOULD SAVE UR MONEY AND REDO THE ENGINE TOU HAVE, PISTONS, BALANCE CRANK, RODS, CAM, TITANIUM SPRINGS AND CAM, AND SLAP A TURBO, CRANK THE PSI THE ENGINE WILL BE BULLET PROOF, YOU'LL DO 13'S WHICH HIS FAST ENOUGH FOR STREET, FASTER THEN STOCK GSR, OR TYPE R WITH THE SIMPLE BOLT ONS AND YOU'LL SAVE URSELF 3000-4000, SERIOUSLY AND U DONT EVEN NEED A FULL BLOWN GARRET TURBO, U CAN SETTLE FOR A EAGLE TALON, OR EVEN SAAB, AND LOT MORE RELIABLE, IM REVVING MINE TO 8500 ALL DAY LONG NO PROBS WITH MY UPDATED INTERNALS, MORE RELIABLE CAUSE OF SHORTER STROKE THEN THE BIG B18'S, IM TELLING U I'VE HAD THE GSR AND LS VTEC, AND THIS IS THE SETUP IM MOST PROUD OF, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW GOOD IT FEELS TO BEAT A RUSTANG, AND THEN SHOW HIM UNDER THE HOOD, AND HAVE A PRACTICALLY STOCK LOOKING D15.
THAT'S MY TWO CENT PEACE BOYZ

Sorry I just have to say that the question wasn't about saving money.
It was about the best. B18's all the way. More parts more fun and a shit load more power. I saw a B18 blowing 537HP in honda tuning so I don't think the D could ever do that.

Ok im not saying i know that much but vtec was hondas combat to turbos, and vtec kicks ass, but vtec is best at high compression thats the point of a crv-vtec or ls vtec....but anyway id say i do a b18b which is an ls, its so good for boost the block and the rods hold boost really well and compression is already low enough you could bolt on a turbo and be running pretty well. But its your decsion its all what you want to do, oh and the b18b is non-vtec so you can get the motor, tranny and ecu for prolly under a grand do some internals and buy a turbo kit and still be pretty cheap, and you can boost high.

lets see

GSR swap 3200
clutch 320
s2 int. manifold 250
obd2-1 conv. 200
p28base 150
hondata 300
pistons 500
rods 500

that is a good starter but I do recommend you get a motor and if you are putting in pistons, rods, i would resleeve it anyways...since its all apart,,y ou also might want to consider a LSD for the future...good luck.

Milan

Back