1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any CA members heard of Honda Fiend

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by 89h22hatch, Dec 12, 2006.

1. 89h22hatch

89h22hatch Senior Member

I'm can't seem to locate a this company but I hear that they are reputable. Does anyone dispute that they are a reputable company and does anyone know a good phone number for the shop? They are located in Covina CA.

Thanks,
    Ben

2. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

Not surprising. Most businesses with the word "fiend" in the name are less than wholesome.

If you've heard they're reputable, then ask the people that say they're reputable for the contact info...

Personally I've never heard of them but I question the motives of anyone who uses the word fiend in a sentence anymore.

3. Airjockie

Airjockie Watanabe Whore!!!

Place Racing
    1611-A San Bernadino Rd.
    Covina, CA 91722
    626/966-4888
    www.placeracing.com

only thing honda that in that city....

4. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

could be a guy out of his garage. If you look hard enough, you'll find my shop that way.

5. 89h22hatch

89h22hatch Senior Member

Thanks, I will check out Place Racing. I would ask my friend who got a H22 swap done at Honda Fiend when he gets back in town from his military excercise. Right now I need to get my head rebuilt ASAP and I don't want to do the work myself because I am too busy this month. New question:

NEED a performance shop that is reputible and cheap in Southern CA. who can build a good H23a1 head.

6. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

Yeah, because this is SouthernCaliforniaSwap.

Might have better luck in the regional forum.

7. Airjockie

well, place racing made mounts, for swaps, thats all I know...

but for headwork, it sounds out of their area. Then again, I have been wrong before, and many times...

8. 89h22hatch

89h22hatch Senior Member

Bad info for place racing. I called the number and checked the website. both no good. :(

9. 89h22hatch

89h22hatch Senior Member

Funny man... this is a Honda related question.

10. Airjockie

welp, thats what that town and honda googled up....sort of related..maybe they went out of bussiness or moved..

but for a head shop, in that area...I'm completely clueless, try posting in the regional forums here...

11. 89h22hatch

89h22hatch Senior Member

Will do thanks for the help.

12. Airjockie

OMG...I actually helped or tried to help something thats technical here...quik...make me a mod...so I can bring justice and wisdom to the honda public....:ph34r:

and I want to see the vibrator colors and flavors thread in the mod forum....:(

13. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

I actually live in Covina when I am not at UCLA.

Place Racing is either closed or has moved, because the old shop is closed.

I believe Honda Fiend is a pretty small operation, although I do not know much about them.

I am going to PM you with a number, these guys are very good. Definitly who I would called first.

14. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

Place Racing closed about a year ago. Honda Fiend could be a place that just specializes in fixing Hondas. For example, there are a few shops around me called HondaMotion, Rocco's Honda, ect...that just fix Hondas. No swaps or anything of that nature.

There is a reputable shop out here but i'm like 2 hours away from Covina in Lancaster. They are called Adam's Metalizing. They do port work and engine building, flywheel lightening, ect...

15. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

No Honda Fiend is definitly a swap shop kinda place. I think I've heard the guy is particuarly good with/at something, but I have no clue what that something was.

16. integraslut78

integraslut78 Stylus DJ Extraordinaire

Mike wheres my BisiMoto header???? Hahaha J/K mang.
    Mike is going to kill me but don't go to The Hookup Shop I know 2 people well the only 2 people I know that have gone to that shop and they got dicked around. Try Rage or call Bubba at Do It Dyno. Sorry Mike :ph34r:

17. 89h22hatch

89h22hatch Senior Member

I did finally get in touch with Honda Fiend and they are a smaller operation just on the border of Azusa and Covina that specializes in Honda engine swaps. They gave me a qoute of 800.00 for port/polish and new titanium internals and a 3 angle grind and deck resurfacing on an H23a1 head. If you want to know why I am using this non-Vtec head, pm me and I'll explain the setup I'm using. Lots a torque. If you want the number for Honda Fiend PM me and I'll give it to you. Thanks by the way for everyone's help. I am going to give that guy a call B16CRX. I appreciate the reference and I will look into it.

~Ben

18. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

1) Rage and Hookups have been one shop for awhile now jackass. Whitfield Racing.

2) You had the chance to get a Bisi header. Last I heard, about a year ago, Steve doesn't even manufacture for Bisi anymore (I've heard it was an issue w/ Rage but I don't want to start rumors I don't know much about).

3) Does Do It Dyno do machine work?

4) I am going to call you one of these nights for a booty call.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted