1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any decent naval rts games for the pc?

Discussion in 'Computers, Games, Electronics etc' started by jamesA, Aug 2, 2010.

1. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

anybody know of any rts naval battle games? i play a lot of c&c red alert type games, but im looking for a similar style game for naval rts. my problem is ive been watching so much military history about the battle for the pacific in WWII, now i wanna game.

2. dveit

dveit Well-Known Member VIP

[​IMG]

3. jamesA

lol definitely not for the pc there...

4. jamesA

Anyone played Battlestations: Midway for the PC or xbox? It's a 3rd person RTS naval/aerial war game based on WWII with decent reviews. I might have to pick it up.

5. jamesA

So I bought a used version for the xbox. Seems fairly fun, although it's definitely not a "game of the year". I enjoy lobbing those 18" shells at destroyers, cruisers and battleships.

6. jamesA

I was playing last night on the plane challenges, and in one of them you have to command 6 or 7 Zeros to take out a team of US Merchant ships. I decided to make it true to Japanese tactics, and I kamakazi'd 3 of the ships. On the next one I decided to do the same thing to the B17s you're guarding the airfield against. Whenever they got close to being shot down, I just rammed them into the bombers. It does work wonders in taking them down. lol

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted