Any deftones fans? or rock in general?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

invisibledemon

Bored
VIP
dont think this has been posted here before, i did a quick search.

but. the bass player, Chi Cheng was in an accident a while back, and has been in a coma ever since.
they are trying to raise money for him and his family.
the main site, run by his sister i believe:
"One Love For Chi" OFFICIAL Chi Cheng Fundraiser, Deftones

also, fieldy from korn has produced a song with too many artists to name for chi, to help raise money
A Song for Chi // Modlife // Home

just thought i would toss this up here.
i love the deftones, figured there may be some fans here.

IDK man, never really heard their music... But that sucks, being in a coma... I'm not speaking from any kind of experience, but my uncle was in a coma earlier this year. Was like that for about 15 days, then came out of it. Could barely breathe on his own for another two weeks, then just as it seemed he was getting better... Man. It's actually tough to type this right now, but man it was sad seeing him in there, helpless. Too bad there's really not much the doctors can do in most cases. It's mostly trial and error, then bleh.

Hope that dude gets better. His family must be having a hard time, I know mine did, and still is.

a year in a coma? jesus... don't ever do that to me. pull my damn plug after a week.

I find it hard to believe that a rock star is having financial problems and that they've only raised 60k from all these musicians.

Yeah, I find it hard to believe that a big-name band member needs handouts. It's almost an unsult to the people that have these problems but aren't famous and relatively wealthy.

I did terry date's house a few years ago. They aren't in need of money.

weird. I've been jamming to Deftone's hardcore lately.

oh dear god... thats fucking horrible :eek:

i had to turn it off 2 lines into the chorus... i like that song too much to hear chino's drunk ass butcher it like that

oh dear god... thats fucking horrible :eek:

i had to turn it off 2 lines into the chorus... i like that song too much to hear chino's drunk ass butcher it like that
Yep, I actually like the song and think it's one of their best...when Maynard sings the chorus.

maynard is a great singer, tool ef-ing rocks-seen them live 20 time, seen deftones a couple time to great live but chino did destroy that song!

He was in a coma this whole time? That sucks. I would never want that for myself or my family.

Back