Any Dual Over Head Cam Avail. For D16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bharris

i need a dual overhead cam head for a 97 d16 vtec. I dont know if that is possible so please respond and let me know. THANKS

only "d series" that had DOHC was the ZC engine but the parts are not interchangeable, is 2 obd's diffrance (wireing fucking nightmare)

I put d series in quotes because it was not really a true D series engine because it was so diffrent from the others.

Only thing to do on 92+ is swap out that engine for a B series to get DOHC and if you want VTEC, you have to go with the b16a2 or b18c1 or c5

Originally posted by asmallsol@May 20 2003, 09:23 PM
Only thing to do on 92+ is swap out that engine for a B series to get DOHC and if you want VTEC, you have to go with the b16a2 or b18c1 or c5

or a B16A3, or a B16B.

man, i have to try so hard to resist going off...

what gave you the idea you can simply put a DOHC head on your d16? search for fairy dust on eBay, they might have some and it would completely redesign the bottom end of your motor to accept that DOHC head/cams whatever it is you're looking for.

... sorry, i tried.

God damn, fuckt his bullshit......................

Milan

there actually was one dohc d16a6.
i read about the build up process of machining the bottom end to accept the ZC head...

all said and done, it cost him $5,000 in machine work, and it put 113 hp to the wheels.
LMAO

Not that it will fit on your SOHC block,but there is also the D16Z5

s3ecb2aacb4aaf.jpg

s3ecb2abfa122d.jpg

It was in the CRX 1.6-16

Back