any easy swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have a 87 hatch si and i was wondering if there is a possible swap for this car a fairly easy swap i havnt really looked in to it soo and suggestions

to be honest I have no idea i never messed around with a 87 before.

My question for you is do you think its going to be worth the time and money to mess with it? By the time you get it moving quickly you could of bought a nice eg hatch and started working on it.

i got a 90 with a 93 ls gsr tranny stage 3 clutch lightened flywheel shaved head port and polished etc etc i just want to start another project that will suprise people

Oh ok good idea. Back in NY where im from this guy had a 87 crx did a b16 swap..lots of work too..and was smokin people no one had a clue what he did to it for awhile and this thing looked like a rolling shit heap. well good luck with it. im sure its light as hell too.

i dont know what the mounts look like for a 87 integra or that body style you know if i knew i might be able to find one that would work

the easiest swap for this car would be a 86-87 integra motor or JDM civic style ZC.
Mounts: use combination of stock integra and civic/crx mounts
ECU: 86-87 integra PG7
Axles: 86-89 integra axles and 86-89 integra knuckles and hub assemblies.
Shiftlinkage: 86-89 integra
Electrical: add EACV
Radiator hoses: 86-89 integra trimmed
Throttle cagble: 86-89 integra w/ manual tranny
Clutch cable: 86-89 integra
A/C: use stock
86-87 integra 112 HP, ZC 130 HP

Quoted from the Honda/Acura Engine Performance Book

don't ask don't tell.

the easiest swap for this car would be a 86-87 integra motor or JDM civic style ZC

isnt the 88-89 teg (D16A8/9) the same as the zc? both dohc both have the same bore and stroke same displacement? why would you recomend the lesser motor. if the zc is easiest than y not go for the 88-89 teg(if the are infact the same)

US=112 hp and JDM= 130 hp are not the same and the motors are not the same. I would check Hasport for the mounts for this car. and see what they have before you commit to a motor. Last I looked they had a b16 swap set up for the 87.

is this myth still around?

if you dont see this:
471095_8_full.jpg

it is not a zc...

Back