any golfers here??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im thinking about getting into golfing...i have some friends who golf...ive played a 18 hole course once or twice...but i played the whole way with my driver, 3 wood, pw, and putter...lol...i know nothing about what club to use where...hahaha...but im gonna try to get out there and learn the right way when i get the time...
clubs are just lever, angle and mass
simple concepts
the RULES are what'll getcha
blades are fun, ever hit a 1 iron blade successfully?

Blades kick ass. Fuck these new weighted and specially designed clubs. real men use blades.

Well, a friend of mine works at one of the local courses. He works the proshop and the range. He gave me the word that he can hook me and up to 2 freinds w/ free (or charge one greens fee for all three of us) golf and carts plus range balls. Im psyched, this is exactly what i wanted (to mooch :p) because one of the biggest drawbacks, to me, was the price of golfing.

Demo'd a few different sets of clubs... Afinity, Golden Bear, Ram and some low end on sale Adams clubs. Def goin with the Ram's, a local left-handed shop (leftiesonlygolf.com) has them in stock and i already called to reserve the last set of Ram g-force ts's. Cant beat an almost complete set for 140 bucks!! All ill need is an s-wedge. Lookin at the ram FX black chrome one, only 25-30 bucks... im unsure of what degree to get..

Any help with what degree sand wedge to get??

Thought id bump it up since its prime golf season :D

i just went golfing on Weds. .. i didnt shoot very good .. it was pretty windy that day.. but i'd go with a 56 degree wedge..

oh my new Nike driver was a big improvement also.. i was hitting around 240-260 yds

Last edited:
i played a round of golf once with my grandpa (RIP) about 10-12 years ago and i will tell ya, its a tough game to play even tho it doesnt look it. id like to try it again. maybe get a used set of clubs or something and go down to the driving range. hell if anything, itll help get some aggression out...right? lol

yeah.. i suppose once you get your swing down you can take some aggression out on it.. i mean it feels really good to smack the shit outta the ball and watch it fly.. but until you get your swing down .. the harder you try and swing the harder the club is gonna smack the ground and the further the grass/dirt is gonna fly.. haha

my first time in about 6 months i shot a 105.. not happy with it what so ever.. i'm blaming it on the wind though.. my short game is what gets me...

my first time in about 6 months i shot a 105.. not happy with it what so ever.. i'm blaming it on the wind though.. my short game is what gets me...
hahaha, thats impressive. great job, a little rusty eh?

eh, not to rusty.. i've hit the driving range several times since i've played last.. if i could actually putt i could probably knock it down to the high 80's

Sam's Club and Costco usually have clubs at a reasonable price. I know Sam's carried Nike and some other brand, and brand new they were between $70-$120...Might wanna check it out for someone looking for some cheap clubs...

The other nice thing about buying them from Sam's Club is as long as you have the receipt, you can return it at any time...use that money towards the purchase of a different one...

I decided to not go with sams club or dicks, id rather support a local small shop, espeically since its a left handed only place :p

I just picked up the sand wedge, its 55 degrees, pretty standard. But for the G-force TS set (driver, woods, hybrid irons, then 4-pw with bag and covers) and the sand wedge it only cost 183 out the door. I cant complain at all!! After work, its off to the range :D

The thing is, you dont need to swing hard, just make solid contact with a smooth motion. The club and ball will do its thing, y ou just gotta getthe club their as smoothly and as accurate as possible, no need to swing for the fences... atleast not all the time.

yeah I have a Big 5 driver too, slice city

I'm in my second summer of playing. My iorns are super hawt right now, my drives are still so so, and my putting has reached an all time low

get some refurbished nike irons on the cheap

I demo'd the Nike oversized driver that "Tiger uses", my drives were flying.. granted i got my friend at dicks to let me use the Pro V1's...... :p

no, I can't put

wednesday I played 9

I was on the green in two shots more then one (par 4), and ended up with an 8 or 7

I finished with a 67

The short game is the toughest part, hands down. Luckily all those years at miniputt paid off!!! lol, ok so its not really the same, but putting is probably the only thing im good at :p Chipping, now thats a totally different story haha

Back