Any good advice?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was recently surprised with a 91 crx si in which my wife bought for me back in may, ever since i have had the car i have been on the fence as to what would be an easy b-series swap, i have been leaning towards an ls non-vtec and staying with a cable tranny etc. I would like to know how easy this swap is as i have never done anything as big as this, i've also decided to turbocharge it as well since it has great compression for a stock engine to do so and i was wanting to know what all would have to be customized to do a successful boosted swap if any, such as downpipe, road clearance etc, i know i sound like a fuckin noob at this shit, but low and behold i am, so any help and your knowledge is greatly appreciated

ls swap is pretty good. especially if you wanna go boost.

im not sure about the turbo parts.

the swap should be pretty easy. no additional wiring that i know of since its not vtec and yours is an si. just remember to use the wiring harness off your stock si engine.

Not too sure if it has the stock si ecu since the si came with a d16 and the motor thats in it says d15 on the block, i think someone who owned it way before me or the guy before me fucked it bad enough to where they had to put the d15 in it, the front bumper doesn't line up, it has one amber corner lamp and one clear, and whoever the dumb ass was they cut another notch in the rear bumper for dual exhaust, so the poor thing is beyond abused, a couple good things tho, has integra front seats, and the a/c has been torn out, vents and all, i looked under the car and found that some dumbass had towed it from the floorboards or something b/c there are two holes in the under carriage that look like there were tow hooks, and the integra seats have been bolted all the way through the under carriage, but i know its an si b/c the door panels say crx, and it has 4 wheel disc, soory so long but thought i'd share my frustration, and the car was 1200 with a running motor

well the only way of really knowing if its a si would be running the vin.

the rear disc didnt come on the ef si's. thats a conversion somebody did.

does your have a dpfi motor? if so then its not an si. (dual point fuel injection.)
im not sure how much you know about these old honda engines, but if you google the dpfi it should come up with a pic of the stupid intake. but if you have four injectors then its the mpfi (multi point fuel injection) and is probably an si.

sounds like the poor thing was raped. sorry to hear that.

It has the mpfi, but couldn't that have been a conversion just as the rear disc, speaking of the rear disc, i guess it being a conversion would explain the pedal slowly sinking to the floor at a stop light but does fine on the highway, ya, poor things been raped every which way

Back