Any good local dealers for Hondata?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Si950

Are there any good dealers for Hondata in New England? I checked the dealer list on their website and didn't see any.

I just ordered an s200 from a shop in New York called NYC RPM. They're going to load it with a map that will be close to my setup. I should have it next week. Thank god...this eBay Mugen chip rip-off crap is starting to piss me off. I don't know what I was thinking when I ordered that thing.
:doh:

I'm getting the software, ROMulator and programmer in a couple of weeks. Then I'm just going to drive to NEDyno and tune it myself. It works great now, but I bet I can get more out of it :D

For the Hondata with all the "options" to tune and burn your own ROMs is about $1100.

When it's completed next month, our new engine facility in Hudson, NH, will have an engine dyno that's setup to run domestics like Chevy and Ford and also to run Honda engines. So I'll have a full Hondata setup for tuning, plus unlimited access to the engine dyno. It doesn't help if the engine is already in the car, but if you're building a new engine, it's great to be able to test and tune it before you install it.

Once the new facility is setup, I'm going to see if Hondata will list me as a dealer.

Originally posted by Si950@Sep 24 2003, 11:16 AM
Once the new facility is setup, I'm going to see if Hondata will list me as a dealer.

Hondata will list you as a dealer as long as you have a state issued business license. But since NH doesn't issue those... or that's what I heard about that.

in order to be an official hondata dealer, you also need to have a dyno at your shop.

Well, the site just says that you need a dyno, it doesn't specify an engine or a chassis dyno. We're going to have a Land & Sea dyno setup in the new building, so hopefully that'll qualify.

Does anyone know of any shops around here that have an engine dyno setup to run Honda engines? I haven't found one in the area yet.

Back