any good shops in san fernando valley for a swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dracer818

i'm looking for a good shop near or in the san fernando valley to get a swap done for a 92 hatch. thanks for any help.

If your interested, I work out of my house while looking for a shop. I could throw in anything you want for a fair price. I've been doing swaps for the last 4 years. I live in Santa clarita(20 mins from san fernando, and have capabilities to put in whatever you need. Pm me here or wite to bigmoneymatt@socal.rr.com. Maybe would could work som'n out. You could even come up and see my work b4 we even talk $$$. I know it would make me feel more comfortable if i were in your shoes.

matt

It's a bit of a strike but the hook ups shop in upland specializes in hatch swaps and they did my h22a accord swap it came out real clean. Call Chris @ 909 373 7223 Tell him Taylor refered you. They got decent prices too.

I agree with Taylor Hook Ups did a great job on his Accord. What engine were you going to swap in? I would go with a b18 or a h22a.

i thought HOOK UPS is no more. i think they ran out of business. if you want a good, trustworhty shop then go to: 16 18 22. theyre located in rowland heights. get a hold of james ros (909) 964-5085. he charges $350 to drop a motor. thats just labor. pretty much you take him everything and he'll swap it. if you dont have a motor he can get them also. where exactly in San Fernando are you? i used to live in San Fernando. i went to sylmar high. let me know what else you need

Originally posted by e money 9@Feb 15 2004, 11:56 AM
i thought HOOK UPS is no more. i think they ran out of business. if you want a good, trustworhty shop then go to: 16 18 22. theyre located in rowland heights. get a hold of james ros (909) 964-5085. he charges $350 to drop a motor. thats just labor. pretty much you take him everything and he'll swap it. if you dont have a motor he can get them also. where exactly in San Fernando are you? i used to live in San Fernando. i went to sylmar high. let me know what else you need

Hook Ups is still running strong. I was just there last week trying to get my car tuned but was gone for the day by the time I got there. It's actually in Claremont. Take the i-10 freeway and get off on central ave. go up a ways and turn right on arrow hwy I think it is and then a left and they're a few building's up on the right hand side.

My room mate just had his swap done there about 2 months ago so I think they are still in business, I also heard Dan is the man at tuning there at Hookups.

yeah HOOKUPS is good, i just didnt know they were still open. im not sure if this guy Chris is still there, but he can get down when it comes to tuning with a VAFC.

yes I believe Chris is either thew owner or a co owner, but I heard Dan was the man for tuning there :spin:

Originally posted by 96IntegGSR@Mar 12 2004, 02:48 PM
try calling darkside motoring in chatsworth.

darkside does swaps? i had no idea they did swaps? thats like saying CARisma is still; doing swaps when in fact they stopped YEARS AGO?

but seriously as for Darkside, i really had no idea they did swaps

:ph34r:

Back