1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any helpful ideas?

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by BBFROMAL, Mar 19, 2004.

1. BBFROMAL

BBFROMAL Junior Member

Im just lookin for your thoughts N ideas on a good build up for my 92 cx hatch.
    B18b1
    B16 trans
    B16 pistons
    crower 404 cams
    crower springs n retainers
    Str cam gears
    Jdm 4-1 header
    Eagle Rods
    Good PnP
    Skunk 2 intake mani
    Im not sure what clutch and flywheel combo
    How Good is a phantom grip lsd
    carsound cat from inline four or no cat at all
    I already have 2.25 pipe from manifold back to a quiet noname muff
    And i know some of yall will jump n here n say SEARCH.
    Ive been lookin for past few months im gettin ready n just lookin for soem helpfull ideas stuff to look into that i havnt seen read or know about.

2. BBFROMAL

BBFROMAL Junior Member

Come on people help me out this is my first motor to build and i wanna do it right so pls help me not make a mistake.

3. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

any 7.5lb flywheel will be fine,,,,,just a matter if you want aluminum or chrome-moly...

I ran the fidanza for a while with ZERO problems, clutch I always liked Exedy and Clutchnet.

I would 86 the idea of the phantom lsd, it really is geared toward straight line via locking the diff. I would really go with a true lsd.

what about engine management?

4. BBFROMAL

BBFROMAL Junior Member

The people im gettin most of my motor n trans from has a dyno so ima try to spend some dyno time n have them dyno tune my car. So i was thinkin of havin them redo my ecu as they dyno tune it. thats the only managment i was lookin at. Ima only be doin straight line like mostly drag strip n some few spirts on the street. My money limit is around 2500 includin gettin the motor n trans. Towards the flywheel which will be best for all motor alum or cm, within my budget that is.
    Im gettin my motor through trackmasters

5. BBFROMAL

BBFROMAL Junior Member

Is anyone else gonna give me any thoughts??

6. NotUrAverage_Si

NotUrAverage_Si Senior Member

how about hondata for tuning, a Walbro 195 LpH fuel pump, some 310 or 370cc injectors, bigger bore throttle body, you may even consider getting the head milled a little (depends on you though), Venom, STR or AEM fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator.

7. EH2..

EH2.. Junior Member

Are you using the stock b18b head? If so, why not think about getting a b16 head and adding vtec.

8. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

fuck VTEC

thats the whole purpose of this build

everything looks good... but like milan said i would go with a real LSD

9. BBFROMAL

BBFROMAL Junior Member

Thanx for everything so far. Later on ill prob be gettin a str 70mm tb, str fuel rail. Ive thought about hondata but for right now i dunno if i can go that way. Its like im tryin to do so much with too less. Trackmasters can do hondata tho when i do go with them. Where is a good place to look at walbro fuel pumps. I was considerin the 255. And vtec,, well im wantin to be makein hp while ur still not n vtec and still be makein even more hp when u hit vtec n still be pullin on you is how i see it.

10. BBFROMAL

BBFROMAL Junior Member

Im seriously wonderin if the crower 405A cams would be too much for my app considerin this is my daily driver n all. Even with me runnin 11+ comp.

11. BBFROMAL

BBFROMAL Junior Member

nobody else gonna help me out here??

12. BBFROMAL

BBFROMAL Junior Member

13. uptowng2ic

uptowng2ic Member

Go with the crower 62403's instead they are for street and strip applications while the 405A is for race applications.

14. hybrid89

hybrid89 thistownsucks...

just a thought...
    I was originally going to run Crowers in my setup, until people round my part of town started having them shatter in half! I've personally seen 3 sets that were destroyed. Also take into consideration that all 3 of these motors were built buy a reputable shop in town(not just some a hole with wrench). Not to say that any manufacturers cams couldn't do the same or worse, I just thought that I would pass my experiences to others. especially in the case of a considerable purchase like cams. just my $.02

matt

15. BBFROMAL

BBFROMAL Junior Member

bump im about ready to get my loan to start so i really need help fast so bump bump

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted