Any ideas??? Shell for engine build....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So....I'm VERY BRAND SPANKING NEW! And am slowly learning about engines. I'm planning on building an engine GSR block Type R head (wanted to go all Type R but was told the GSR block is basically the same as the Type R except Type R has some lighter pieces so better to go with that block cuz it's cheaper).....yeah and that's about all I'm sure of besides getting some 12.5 pistons (was told to...don't know why).

I did some research, watched some videos today and think I might go with some Skunk2 ProCs......I was told to go wtih the ProS but after watching some vids I think it'd feel more at ease mentally with some ProCs incase a pothole comes my way that I didn't see....

As I learn more and make more decisions I'll post about it BUT.....

I used to own a '92 'teg...LOVED it, but it got totaled, I was originally planning on fitting the engine into a civic ('99) but I've been torn b/t the two lately what do you guys think:cool:, which shell?????:eek:

between the 2 you have listed i would go with the integra, but other than that 88 crx hf

See I would go for the newer civic, but that's just me. Really it's all up to personal preference as both chassis are pretty similar. Take the one with less rust.

I also think you're making it too hard on yourself piecing together an engine like that. I mean, if you can find a good deal on the parts more power to you.

A GSR is a good power plant for any of the compacts. With a little bit of work (not a head replacement) you can make some really good power on a gsr.

When i first bought my S2k my judgement was a little impaired and i decided to race this dude i met at starbucks. from a 60 punch, a GSR with p30 pistons, a ported head and skunk2 stage 2 cams pulled decently on me (there might have been more, this was 2 years ago). He was driving a full trim obd1 (94-95) integra.

You don't need to go to all the trouble you mentioned above about finding an ITR head (coincidentally, the ITR and B16 have the same head) and all that jazz. Working with a stock GSR head and block is a good platform that still has plenty of power that can be pulled out of it.

GSR block. B16 head. Its the same casting. You can buy better aftermarket cams and valvetrain, and have it poreted even more. Unless you plan to leave the head COMPLETELY stock, just get the B16 head and put the rest of the cash towards mods or the chassis. (OR, you could buy my 2000 Si.)
:ph34r:

I'd go with a 92-95 CX Hatch lmao.... or a DX Coupe... then again my Fav years so yep... trade the 2 shells away and get 1 of the above hehehe

Back