any info on mini me swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ds87

I have a '93 del Sol S with a D15b7 in it. I was planning on swapping out the head for a D16z6. Does anyone know where I can find exactly everything I'll need to make this swap work? Also, if I do this can I keep my stock tranny or am I going to get a Si tranny? Thanks.

Try searching. There's plenty of info on the "Mini Me" already on this site.

As for the transmission, you're not changing the block, so why would you need to change the transmission? You might want to though, for the better gear ratios...

The tranys have there +'s and negtives, I found the Si trany has longer vs the dx which is shorter but sometimes you shift and end up out of vtec

lol I don't I can do 105 in 3rd on my DX and 115 on my Ex :), dunno whats messed up there but what I've had happen thus far

That's interesting. So the EX has a longer 5th maybe? I just can't imagine that 1st-4th would be longer on an EX transmission since it's supposed to be the performance model...

Ya exactly what I said, then again the trans could have miss labled after all its just a sticker on them unlike the Blocks :(, but ya I'll look into it

Back