Any info on this 'Toda' setup?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

El Nagro

"Our special piston kit is designed to be used with Type-R crankshafts and rods in a B20B block along with a B16A or Type-R cylinder head. The advantage is having a reliable 2.0 liter engine with an optimal rod-stroke ratio allowing for high rpm operation. Requires VTEC converstion kit commonly used on LS-VTEC engines."

I emailed toda about this and this just told me it is a more reliable alternative to LS/Vtec or CR/Vtec engines. Doese anyone know if this would be reliable enough for a daily driver, everyday bein' drivin, and weekend racing, or would this have all sorts of stupid little problems? Does anyone know?

Normal B20/VTEC builds without expensive Toda internals or rod/stroke ratio modification are perfectly reliable as daily drivers too- you just have to not be a retard when you put them together.

What modifications are needed to make the b20/vtec reliable. I need to save my money so if i can do it just as good for cheeper then i will.

Modifications? None. Just put it together correctly, and don't take any shortcuts. The reason why you hear all these horror stories about people blowing up LS/VTECs and B20/VTECs is because they just slap the engine together without taking the time to do it right- then they beat on them until they blow up.

Well what is needed to do it right. I dont want to blow up my motor the first time out because its not done right. If there are any tech articles on building a proper b20/vtec that would help alot.

THX
Joe

the toda slugs are nice, i have them in my motor :)

but cal is right, you can use other parts to build a just as reliable b20/vtec

Back