any left side wheel skyline's?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yo guys,

I was wondering if there are any skyline's with the steering wheel on the left like american cars, and also how do you get skyline's in the US?

thanks guys

as far as i know there are no left hand drive skylines

you can either bust your ass and import one yourself, and then go through the hassle of fixing it to US standards and registering it, or go thru a company that specializes in importing them...

I heard in russia and the united arab emrites you can get them left hand drive, but i've heard that relocating the steering makes a tight for for the turbo... or someting like that

its too bad they have to be no the right side... id kill for an awd skyline that was left hand drive

You can buy bodyshells and engines from this shop I know about. Buy them with separate checks, plug it in, bam. instant RHD GTR, register it as a kitcar or assembled vehicle and you don't have to put it through DOT standards. In some states anyway.

battle pope, can you well, gimme more info on that? seriously. r32 perferably.

also, to the bes tof my knowledge, i dont think nissan ever made a LHD skyline. except the g35 sport coupe. which to me, isn't a damn skyline.

Occasionally you can find a skyline that's been converted to RHD on Ebay...they sell for considerably more than a LHD though.

Originally posted by civicious@Oct 1 2004, 05:46 PM
Occasionally you can find a skyline that's been converted to RHD on Ebay...they sell for considerably more than a LHD though.
[post=397261]Quoted post[/post]​

but he wants a LHD

1 skylines are not converted to RHD that't how they are made

2 infinity G35 is the american skyline

3 you can get them in the US and register it as a kit car

fuck LHD...ever drive a RHD? i have..i drove a 95 hatch imported to a local factory called Jap. Engines..it takes a min to get used to...then u wonder y america has to be differnt then everyone else...u can actually drive w/ ur dominate hand like ur supposed to (if ur righty which 99.9999% of people are) and u can shift from 4th to 5th in ur sleep

Originally posted by tjr5150@Oct 2 2004, 02:15 PM

[post=397492]Quoted post[/post]​

i was always under the impression that a G35 is a 350Z. the G's have the 3.5 V6 and everything.

Originally posted by tjr5150@Oct 2 2004, 02:15 PM

He's talking about the R32, the new ones are R35s if I'm not mistaken

PS it's InfinitI

edit: http://www.fast-autos.net/nissan/nissanr32.html

Originally posted by Dman1100+Oct 3 2004, 11:03 PM-->
@Oct 2 2004, 02:15 PM

i was always under the impression that a G35 is a 350Z. the G's have the 3.5 V6 and everything.
[post=397878]Quoted post[/post]​

hey you... back on the short bus.... :p

Technically it kind of is.... BUT! the R35 that is based off of the G35 IS the next skyline to be released.... I just doubt it carrying anything over from the previous Gt-Rs...... maybe wheels.... but probably nothing

Originally posted by nismogod@Oct 1 2004, 05:45 PM
battle pope, can you well, gimme more info on that? seriously. r32 perferably.

also, to the bes tof my knowledge, i dont think nissan ever made a LHD skyline. except the g35 sport coupe. which to me, isn't a damn skyline.
[post=397260]Quoted post[/post]​

In most states, you can rejister a RHD car. It doesnt really matter weather or not its up to "US" specs or not.

Think about it. just take it to get inspected > the guy isnt gonna be like, "your bumper is not US spec - i have to fail the car."

THey just make sure all your lights work, and that the car passes emissions, no exposes rust, ect - not weather your interior lights are US spec or not.

its a lot more then that. one of the biggest problems is that there is no VIN number for the car. if you have no VIN how do you plan to get a title for it from the dmv?

kti cars have strict rules.

you CANNOT register a skyline as a kit car. cuz, well, its not a freakin kit.

ehh, a guy back home in montana got his r32 rhd skyline registered and licensed w/o a problem.

You don't register it as a kit car, you register it as an "Assembled Vehicle". You just have to make sure you buy the body and engine/trans with 2 different checks (on 2 different invoices).

Back