Any Lost fans?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You're missing the greater picture....

hint: look at the book Jacob is reading when locke gets pushed by his dad in 6.01

So I looked up info on the book....my best interpretation of the book deals with Karma biting you in the ass???

I haven't read it...

the keyword is converge.

i think the good and the bad sides (jacob VS esau) will need to converge to fight off 'they' who are coming....

i think the good and the bad sides (jacob VS esau) will need to converge to fight off 'they' who are coming....

Well...that's into depths I am not aware. I would need an oxygen tank to dive down that far with you lol. Sadly, I don't have a lot of vivid details from last season. Who is the other person that is at odds with Jacob??

u do know that jacob and esau are in the bible? and were brothers, easu was born first and later in life sold his birthright to jacob, later got mad and tried to kill jacob

im not trying to preach religion, just thought i would point out the story

and i found this on the wiki

In the Book of Jubilees (which is neither part of the Jewish nor most Christian canons), Esau's father, Isaac, compels Esau to swear not to attack or kill Jacob after Isaac has died. However, after the death of Isaac, the sons of Esau convince their father to lead them, and hired mercenaries, against Jacob in order to kill Jacob and his family and seize their wealth (especially the portion of Isaac's wealth that Isaac had left to Jacob upon his death). In the ensuing battle, Jacob kills Esau with an arrow. The sons of Jacob then defeat the rest of the attackers despite overwhelming odds.
look familiar to parts of lost??????

I don't think I'm going to be checking this thread anymore haha. Just normal conversation between you guys is a spoiler for me haha.

u do know that jacob and esau are in the bible? and were brothers, easu was born first and later in life sold his birthright to jacob, later got mad and tried to kill jacob

im not trying to preach religion, just thought i would point out the story

and i found this on the wiki

look familiar to parts of lost??????

EVERYONE's name in the entire cast is a reference of some sort to someone famous or mythilogical in history.

this is a good write up:
the “Lost” name game :: Badmouth

just finished season one. i used to hate on the show for the constant "oh noes!" factor and no resolution. but its pretty addicting and at least there is an end now lol.

so i avoided the thread for the spoilers. but now that i am caught up (havent started the 6th season yet, will tomorrow)

2 things that havents been wrapped up, that i will be pissed if they dont:

1. in the 1st/2nd season, Walt was portrayed to have some kind of power or ability. they talked about it briefly when his stepfather dumped him off on Michael, and also when Walt was taken by the Others

2. Also early on, Claire was told by the psychic in Sydney not to let anyone else raise Aaron 'or else'. no real explanation as to why, but like everything else in Lost, its implied that there will be consequences to the whole world if she doesnt raise him. but also the psychic later says he is a fraud, only does it for the money, etc. so is/was he just lying? are there really some hidden consequences to Aaron being raised by Kate instead? and Claire just disappears into the jungle randomly? wtf?

other thoughts:
-Exposé was the dumbest episode ever
-i didnt like that charlie died, IMO he didnt have to die and could have just as easily gotten out and closed the the door rather than closing himself in.
-some other minor quirks that i noticed but cant remember right now.

all in all i like the show so far.

Just reading these threads breaks my brain... The actual show would make it pack up and leave.

so i avoided the thread for the spoilers. but now that i am caught up (havent started the 6th season yet, will tomorrow)

2 things that havents been wrapped up, that i will be pissed if they dont:

1. in the 1st/2nd season, Walt was portrayed to have some kind of power or ability. they talked about it briefly when his stepfather dumped him off on Michael, and also when Walt was taken by the Others

2. Also early on, Claire was told by the psychic in Sydney not to let anyone else raise Aaron 'or else'. no real explanation as to why, but like everything else in Lost, its implied that there will be consequences to the whole world if she doesnt raise him. but also the psychic later says he is a fraud, only does it for the money, etc. so is/was he just lying? are there really some hidden consequences to Aaron being raised by Kate instead? and Claire just disappears into the jungle randomly? wtf?

other thoughts:
-Exposé was the dumbest episode ever
-i didnt like that charlie died, IMO he didnt have to die and could have just as easily gotten out and closed the the door rather than closing himself in.
-some other minor quirks that i noticed but cant remember right now.

all in all i like the show so far.

I have the exact same questions. Maybe in the final season it will all play out. I am a quarter of the way through the first to last season.

You're so far behind... lol catch up already. lots of neat stuff this season already. i don't know how they are going to end in just a few more episodes.

i can think of at least 4 more seasons worth of 'filling in the blanks'.

Maybe a major motion picture will come out? Yes major motion picture not movie

::::::::::::::::::::pOSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW HILIGHT TO READ:::::::::

I'm really starting to think that this entire thing is Hugo's dream.... he's really in the psych ward, and he's just been dreaming/imagining this thing whole thing from the beginning.

Well, i was way off.

Awesome show.

This was a show about the Afterlife... but everything on the Island actually happened in the physical realm. It was the Flash-Sideways that was the afterlife. Sawyer and Kate and Miles and Lupidas and Claire and Richard all made it off the Island.

You see them from Jack's POV in the plane passing above just as he dies.

Ben and Hurley are alive and are gonna help Desmond get back to Penny - so we know that not everyone has died in 2007... but eventually, when they all do die, they will be reunited in the afterlife, because the Island was the most important part of their lives and all it takes is that one 'touch' in the afterlife to remember.

Well done IMO. Incredibly symbolic.
Jack effectively turns into christ.... sacrificing himself for the greater good of others.

So I really haven't ever watched this show. Now that it's over my GF is trying to tell me I should go back and watch the DVDs since she'd like to see it all again in light of the series finale.

Is it worth 96 hours of viewing?

So I was watching the new Simpsons last night, the part where Bart is doing sentences on the board said "The end of Lost was all a dogs dream. Watch us instead."

I chuckled.

So I really haven't ever watched this show. Now that it's over my GF is trying to tell me I should go back and watch the DVDs since she'd like to see it all again in light of the series finale.

Is it worth 96 hours of viewing?

if you have a brain, Lost is the best show ever televised. period.

If you're dumb, expect to be spoon fed answers instead of thinking for your self, you won't get it, hate it, and be bored with it.

Yay I'm dumb! Nah, I just never got into shows like that, hell I've watched one episode of 24. Never really got into it.

Back