Any Lost fans?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Watching the final episode now.

So...purgatory...or whatever you want to call it. They've all been dead the whole time...zomgwtf.

Well, i was way off.

Awesome show.

This was a show about the Afterlife... but everything on the Island actually happened in the physical realm. It was the Flash-Sideways that was the afterlife. Sawyer and Kate and Miles and Lupidas and Claire and Richard all made it off the Island.

You see them from Jack's POV in the plane passing above just as he dies.

Ben and Hurley are alive and are gonna help Desmond get back to Penny - so we know that not everyone has died in 2007... but eventually, when they all do die, they will be reunited in the afterlife, because the Island was the most important part of their lives and all it takes is that one 'touch' in the afterlife to remember.

Well done IMO. Incredibly symbolic.
Jack effectively turns into christ.... sacrificing himself for the greater good of others.

Very well said. I agree completely, that was probably the best way they could have summed it all up. It is sad to see such a great show go though :(

if you have a brain, Lost is the best show ever televised. period..

Arrested Development was the best written show ever...

but, Lost was good. I've been watching since the beginning.

I have a few issues with the end...I get the flash sideways were their versions of the perfect life ie: their afterlife, but those that got off the island and were present in the "afterlife" storyline..I know Christian said theres "no *now* here" but it would've been a bit more...sequential, I guess...if they were not in the flash sideways scenes at all.

I give it an 8 as an ending but a 9 overall as a series

All of the being there is part of the time has no meaning mind fuck. It is outside of time, existing before and after.

Arrested Development was the best written show ever...

If you have a brain, like Hosmer here, then you know that Arrested Development was and is the best written show of all time...period.

If you don't think so then you are just too stupid to understand it.

+rep for you btw

They didn't explain shit about walt. They just dropped him off. Other than that it was ok. It was a great show, just wish they would have cleaned up a few loose ends since they had the whole "everything will be explained" campaign about the final season. Good way to end it though.

Miles and lupidas never had their little epiphany thing. If everyone was so important, why werentthey at the funeral too? Richard I can kinda understand since his flash sideways would be like 300 years ago lol. Also what was up with the light? Electromagnetism? Why wasn't Jack affected by it like everyone thought? The whole rock-in-the-hole-to-keep-the-island-from-being-destroyed thing seemed lame.

A lot of the stuff in the final episodes seemed like "oh shit we ran out of time, let's throw some quick ending together". But like I said, all in all I really liked watchig the show, even though I didn't watch it from the beginning. If you haven't seen it, it's still worth it.

They didn't explain shit about walt. They just dropped him off. Other than that it was ok. It was a great show, just wish they would have cleaned up a few loose ends since they had the whole "everything will be explained" campaign about the final season. Good way to end it though.

Miles and lupidas never had their little epiphany thing. If everyone was so important, why werentthey at the funeral too? Richard I can kinda understand since his flash sideways would be like 300 years ago lol. Also what was up with the light? Electromagnetism? Why wasn't Jack affected by it like everyone thought? The whole rock-in-the-hole-to-keep-the-island-from-being-destroyed thing seemed lame.

A lot of the stuff in the final episodes seemed like "oh shit we ran out of time, let's throw some quick ending together". But like I said, all in all I really liked watchig the show, even though I didn't watch it from the beginning. If you haven't seen it, it's still worth it.

walt was written off because he got too tall/old too fast. mind you, even the finale was supposed to take place in 2007.

I didn't catch miles and lupidis not being there.... i don't think its of any real significance. Perhaps they simply aren't dead yet.

The light is what made the smoke monster human again so he could be killed. being destryoed is a relative term to the smoke monster being the destryer, not the islands suicide.
And, remember, Jack had jacob power at this point.

I agree the ending did seem a bit rushed in some spots. In all honesty, they could have written an entire whole season or two of stuff left unsaid. Perhaps they got cut or wanted out on a high note, etc etc.... so they ended with the true meaning of life, faith, and love, and left the not-so-important details like walt, what happenes to widmore, etc etc...

I watched the first two seasons and kept up pretty well with it, but after things just started getting stretched and more questions coming up while nothing was being answer I gave up on it. I'd like to watch everything through now that it's over with, because the ending sounds pretty decent if you understand what is going on.

The way I look at it is this is exactly what the writers wanted out of the show. For folks to question and consider. The way I figure it is that they are happy, regardless of all of the other bullshit and the questions they all had each other in the end. I found that message to be much more pleasing than wrapping up the eleven billion questions that folks have.

Anyone catch where Jack was stabbed too? Who else was stabbed in that location? See what they did there.

Attachments

• lost-last-supper-660.jpg
    lost-last-supper-660.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 127
That was actually pretty funny.

Back