Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by 93delsolsi, Aug 13, 2006.
Any one have a DIY on a Replacing DOHC V-TEC Headgasket
0. Disconnect Battery, Drain Oil and Coolant.
1. Remove Exhuast manifold.
2. Remove/Unbolt engine accessories up front. (AC, PS, anything attached to the front of the head.
3. Remove intake tubing.
4. Diconnect throttle cable and vacuum hoses form intake manifold. LABEL EVERYTHING.
5. Disconnect all sensor wires from the head. Vtec solenoid, ECT, IAT, IACV, Injectors Harness
6. Disconnect fuel feed and return from filter and fpr respectively, and disconnect fuel rail. Move the injector harness out of harms way.
7. Disconnect and remove distributor and ignition wires.
8. Remove Intake manifold.
9. Set No. 1 cylinder to TDC at some point before now.
10. Remove valve cover.
11. Remove cam oil galley thingies that sit on top of the cam caps.
12. Remove cam caps, evenly releasing valvespring pressure on all the caps.
13. Remove cams.
14. Loosen head studs in proper order.
15. Head should be able to come off at this point.
I might have missed a step, but this is the general way to get it off, hope it helps.
Separate names with a comma.