Any opinions?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YangpaNemsay

My goal is to get some Buddy Club Coilovers rated at 12kg front/8kg rear, they cost around ~$1,800.

Until I can scrounge up the money for a set I'd like to get a cost effective stiff spring and shock setup.

I could care less about ride quality and NVH, just would like a good stiff setup.

H&R race springs are $150 for a set and they are stiff as hell. As far as shocks go I am not too sure maybe KYB I don't know.

I know that race springs lower the car more than lowering springs do, is a 2.5/2.25" drop be too much?

Hmmm, anything stiff without the slammed effect of race springs?

Eibach Prolines but I prefer the Sportlines less stiff, but for what your looking for check out the prolines.

Ok, I narrowed down the choice of shocks to Illumina.

Now for choice of springs:
-I want stiff springs, don't care about NVH or ride comfort
-Don't want a slammed look

Looked around on raretrick and they have HKS Lowering Springs and Spoon Progressive Springs. Would those be a waste of money?

why waste 600 or so on suspension when your going to be upgrading anyways? Makes no since.

If you want stiff, go with some koni yellows and some Nuespeed race springs. Then again, that 800 spent on that could make you get the buddy clubs alot quicker.

I disagree but the cheapest replacements you can. If you don't like those sell them and get the next step up. Repeat this process until you are happy with your suspension setup. I'm pretty sure this will work for you with your line of logic :)

Back