Any plans for the up and coming gas pandemic?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Invisibledemon
buying a second car is not the answer lol, the maintainence costs and insurance will eat the savings you will save with the better gas mileage, plus the cost of the car itsself

I have applied to a job that is 9 miles from me, compared to the 27 i drive now 1 way. If i drive it right i can easily get 27-30mpg in my Audi. That would be some considerable savings overall in car costs over time.

But that "saved"money will just being go to ammo supply and a new shotgun to prepare the worst. People can only take so much before they flip out.

eh, i've been debating getting a second smaller car for a while now. use the forester when i have a gig or need to have more space.
mainly i want a car that can get great mileage on the interstate so i can go to fl more often.

I will probably just suck it up and eat the cost of the higher fuel. I live 35+ minutes from work, so there's no way I can walk lol. I would like a bike, but it won't get the kids to and from the sitter's house. There's no way in hell I'm tossing the Speed3 for something with better fuel economy. So yeah- eating the cost is about it for me. Yay!

CBR's gonna get you about 35 mpg.
I only got 20mpg on my last 600cc sport bike, but I ran it for all it was worth.

Stick with the Ninja 250 for awesome mileage.

I'M just gonna use the company van and not my car:)
but if that doesn't work then I'll just got to and from the company shop oh well

I drive about 250-300 miles a month and get 19mpg's on the hwy. Any gas increase sucks though. Even with a 30+mpg Honda. I remember when I was 16 and gas dropped to $0.99/gallon for a week or two. But minimum wage was $4.25 at the time!

I bought some 87 for my 4Runner the other day in Nor-Cal $3.17/gallon

50 mile commute to work = me dealing with it.

i honestly dont even think about the money i spend on gas. i have to do it, i have to buy it, no reason for me to fret.

It would cost me more to get out of my truck and into a more fuel efficient vehicle. We try to take the gfs car when we go further. I wish I had her commute, a mile round trip.

The Gixxer/Si combo isnt too bad at all for me. I can get a little over 40 on the bike so long as I behave more than not and warm-up times are kept to a minimum.

Only shitty part is that both need premium so the sticker shock will be there though I usually just pull up to the station, pump my gas, and get back on the road without caring to look.

sigh... 34 miles each direction... if i dont gas it too much, i get 230 miles to the tank... i need to fix my da's trans... the type r trans in my dc4 is killing me...

i ride in a county van pool with 5 other guys from my shop. cost me about $30 a month and i drive 5 miles a day in the winter and bike there and back in the summer. wont really effect me

I want to do 65 in reverse too. I either need a 22,000 rpm redline, or shove 3rd gear ratio in the reverse spot :p

Meh. Everyone needs to quit your bitching. Try ~$8/gal NORMALLY in Germany.

Bike for nice weather, hybrid for bad. :p They get about the same MPG.

Funny thing about this is that it coincides with talk about putting more ethanol in the gasoline. Corn price is pretty much pegged to gasoline anymore. The corn farmer makes more money, and suddenly our economy is ranked as stronger. All the while, other countries are going "What the fuck did we do by putting 10% ethanol in our fuel?" and now they're going to mix only 5% ethanol into their superior gasoline. Germany is going to offer E5 soon, because it produces less CO2 per liter than E10 after you factor brewing, blending, and burning -- lol. So much for the "carbon neutral" standpoint...

So, everyone, prepare for corn to cost more, along with your gasoline. Suck it up and pay for it. If you're really worried, start saving money now to absorb the spikes in price.

Me no like save money.....me like spend money! Me like Push gas peddle and make fast time.

CBR's gonna get you about 35 mpg.
I only got 20mpg on my last 600cc sport bike, but I ran it for all it was worth.

Stick with the Ninja 250 for awesome mileage.

Well, 35mpg is better than my 25-27... I could probably do better if I kept my foot out of it on the interstate... But I don't see that happening. You are right though- the Ninja 250 would serve the purpose very well. :thumbsup:

My Evo gets 16mpg HWY... :(

Back