Any pointers/advice for B18C Type R in 89 CRX HF?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drpenguin

I just got a 89 crx hf and I am thinking of putting a B18C in it. I'm still trying to decide if i want the GSR or the Type R! Im leaning to the R but still unsure. Any help would be nice.

if i were u i would do the h22. it has more torque than the typeR and just as much hp. then u can put the extra 2k that u were gona use for the type r to get performace parts for the h22. its a tricky swap but with a stock swap in the crx ull be runnin low 13s thats what i would do man.

i dono dont even think of a h series. i love my b20 i can a 13.9 all motor

Im not a big fan of the H series. I honestly think the preludes were piles of crap and death machines! That and i dont wanna chop the crap outa my CRX!

Originally posted by CRseX84@Aug 31 2004, 12:04 PM
if i were u i would do the h22. it has more torque than the typeR and just as much hp. then u can put the extra 2k that u were gona use for the type r to get performace parts for the h22. its a tricky swap but with a stock swap in the crx ull be runnin low 13s thats what i would do man.
[post=384247]Quoted post[/post]​

This coming from a guy who said the 92-93 Integra enigne was a B18A2...

I say build a B20...

Lol, that still makes me laugh "b18a2".

I'd go with the GSR. Type R's are good strong motors and all but for their price you can have a mildly built GSR with the same or more power.

out of all the 3 crx with h22 that i have seen flipped at the tracks. MAJOR suspension tuning and a FAT roll cage is recommended. Oh yeah, you get barely any traction. Stick with the Type r. enough ssaid.

Everyone is saying take the GSR. But i plan on putting a bunch of type R goodies anyways. So why have a mock up half ass type R, when i can have a true type R? More money yeah but you get what you pay for. As for the H22 stop smoking crack and take it out of the crx! :whatafucktard:

The R would be best if you are never going to do any serious mods to the engine.
The H swap is a nightmare!

Back