Any quality HONDA dealerships in your area?

Rate your honda dealer.

• Not bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will take your first born in exchange for service work

• Don't go to a dealership....e

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

97CTR

The local honda dealer in Lebanon NH, were i'm from eats ass. Waaaayyy overpriced. I had put my stock engine back in my ek and needed new ball joints, so I had them do it. The price on the ball joints wasn't bad. But because one of them was fucked I couldn't get it off and couldn't get the axle in. So I just had them put the axle back in when they did the ball joints. What I could have done in about 2 secs they charged me 120 bucks for. My own fault I guess but what the fuck thats just ridiculous.

This was all a few weeks ago, yesterday I went to pick up a set of connecting rod bearings to get my clearances so I could order the right bearings. I tell the parts guy that I need a set of B-series bearings and he looks at me like I got two heads, pretty bad when the parts guy doesn't know what a b series is. So I broke it down for him. I told him its an engine, and that makes your car GO and for reference they are in 99-00 SI's and thats something you must have heard about before. He was a little pissed but fuck it I was too. end of rant................

Just wanted to know if any of you even go to a dealer and how they treat you.

lundgren honda - auburn massachusetts...

great dealer, excellent staff.. ive even had a few test drives. :D

At the one dealership that I go to, they will match the price of Hondaautomotivepats.com print outs. That saves me like 40%

Yuba City honda is in a relitivly unpopulous area (yuba city pop is like 30k) but they still mark up their prices more than any of the honda places in the sacramento area. Labor is pretty costly too, though all dealer labor is costly.

I just walked up to the counter to order a few things... The service guy said "Is this for a business?" I said "no" he said "yes..." I said "Yes, yes, it is." He said "What's your name?" "Jody Barber"... "Jody Barber's auto service, great. Nice to meet you Jody. That'll be $$XXX.XX, service dept cost, and no tax since your a business."

Smile on my face, I paid the man.

:worthy:

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@May 3 2004, 02:31 AM
i hate my life.

Just to rub it in, I get the same from the Acura dealership because I know the parts manager personally. ;)

Honda of San Francisco, is pretty cool, and Val Strough Honda of Monterey is pretty good. I have had good luck with them, and excellent service. Yeah they are slightly over priced but that is a car dealership for you.

Honda of Lisle and Honda of Joliet are two good dealerships near me. They both wanted about $20 for a throttle cable for my 1G CRX... Grand Honda wanted $65! :blink:

I've got Honda Village near me. I used to sell cars there too. Salestaff are nicer than the usual and the area is nice for taking test drives in. It's easy access to the free stretch of the Mass. Turnipike for opening up a car in. The service department is okay but they have high hourly rates. They tried to make me change my tranny along with rebuilding my (first) clutch, so I don't know what was going on with that. When my speedo sensor plug got all corroded and needed to be replaced, they couldn't figure out the problem after 3 hours of looking at it... so while I still return to the Parts Department for my employee discount (yay!) I am fortunate to have a decent relationship with a small Honda only garage in Cambridge, MA. They use OEM parts only. Their labor rates are cheaper and they seem to be more on the ball with figuring out the problem. They also never upsell the repair work.

With car repairs, it's always best to research the problem yourself before taking the car in. Garages get swamped with customers with poor communication skills, so I can see why some misdiagnoses occur occasionally.

Originally posted by civicious@May 2 2004, 10:57 PM
$120 for ANYTHINg at a honda dealership is cheap.....

same here but you end up making payment for lke 20 years...

The only good thing about the dealership here, is I can order all the parts the US dealers can't get, other than that, Honda Europe is ridiculous.

The dealer I bought my SI from is great, they had an awesome deal in the paper for an '02 $14,500. I went to buy it, they had sold it by then, I told them I want that same price then. They told me they couldn't do it again, because it would cost the dealer too much. I told them, well what deal can you give me? $15,200 after some talking, great dealership. On a side note, that stupid Maint Req'd light is the dumbest thing I have ever seen, remind to go to the dealer so you can get butt-fucked out of $200 every 5-10 thousand miles.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@May 3 2004, 07:49 PM
On a side note, that stupid Maint Req'd light is the dumbest thing I have ever seen, remind to go to the dealer so you can get butt-fucked out of $200 every 5-10 thousand miles.

Why can't you reset that maintenance light yourself? My Si survived my skipping almost all of them. I just worried about my oil changes and timing belt cycle.

Don Ayres Honda of Fort Wayne is where I bought my Si...its up off of Lima road...pretty good dealer I think, prices are a tad bit uh... pricey, but that goes with any and every dealer/used car lot in Fort wayne.

Is 17.43 decent for an oil change? thats what they always charge me. :)

I lost the manual and I don't know how to reset it is the problem, but I get mad because it is just there. Plus I keep telling my parents that it is a rip off, but they keep taking back their Accord. Oh well at least Honda is making good.

Back