any reptile people on here?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

INJEN78

HS LEGEND
i know magana is into reptiles,but im trying to find other people as well.
in january im going to be getting a couple leopard gecko's,and have done some researching on tank setups..ive decided id like to get into making fake rock like this.
Fake Rock Background - Pics

Fake rock wall advanced level

and i wasjust seeing if anyone had done anything like this before or has pics?

Im planning on doing something like that soon for my iguana and bearded dragons. I talk the owner of a local reptile shop and he gave me some tips.

Use non toxic black expanding foam (shape as sesired once dried), use aquatic silicone sealant to coat the foam and stick rocks, bark, sand, jungle earth, ect ect.

Looks damn good just allow everything to dry and cure for a few days to a week

the leo's are easy to care for and awesome pets! keep em fed and warm they will explode with color and size

awesome man.ive figured out everything i need,and have even slightly mapped out a floor plan.
moist hide(on cool side)
regular hide(on cool side)
regular hide(on hot side)
a couple regular walk through caves
a couple ledges/walkways elevated maybe 4"-5"(so if they fall they wont get hurt)
im going to integrate a removable water dish that will also act as the roof of the cool side hide.it will be an actual dish,just recessed into the roof of the den.
then i would like to make a ledge(like in the lion king)just for show...

ive had pet snakes since i was about 7 years old, but never made any fake rocks like that. pretty cool though :thumbsup:

these days im down to just a western hognose, a sinaloan milk snake, and a columbian tegu that stays in a big cage on the back deck.

I have two ball pythons. Had them for quite some time now, their enclosure is pretty basic, warm/cool hide boxes, and a big water dish. Remember the simpler the enclosure the easier it is to maintain.

I have two ball pythons. Had them for quite some time now, their enclosure is pretty basic, warm/cool hide boxes, and a big water dish. Remember the simpler the enclosure the easier it is to maintain.

so true! make sure all your hides are removable, they like to shit in there and its a bitch to clean.

Back