Any SCCA guru's out there?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Drag racing is fun as hell, don't get me wrong..

The first few times you go to a real track and line up, the adrinaline is pumping, your heart is pounding.. Its a hell of a rush..

But after you've done it 9876834796523847 times, it just gets old. :cry:

Besides, I've always wanted to club race, which is why I'm such a GT nut.

:laugh:

ill be doing some drag racing next year, since ill have a car that doesnt run a high 16 quarter.

Quoted post[/post]]
upgrades, yes.
swaps, no.

if you want to be competetive in a stock honda, your best bet is a 91 crx si, 95 civic si, or an integra GSR.

but, who cares.

autoX is designed to better yourself as a driver more than anything. it's not about winning.

as long as YOU keep on progressing your self, you're on your way to become a driver.

and congrats on taking the step away from drag racing and into something that actually requires skill, not just a butt load of power :)

that should make 6 of us now who are out of drag racing :)

make that 7 B, drag racing is fun, but doesn't require much skill, press gas pedel, clutch, shift, clutch shift and so on.

B, your a little wrong on the ABSOLUTELY no swaps thing. If the car was offered with that engine in that year in the US, then you can upgrade to that part. Offically, you can put a b16a3 in a del Sol S and run it in G-stock. One of the killer cars in nationals is a GSR engine in a RS integra of the same year because its the lightest version. So if you own an EG civic, you can through a d16z6 in there and run as an SI. Some advantages that come with this are sometimes your lighter then the real version (ie, you don't have a sun roof, ps, ac, sound deading, ect).

Well thats it for me. Search google for Solo2 rules and you will find all the rules allowed. Now back to studying for my 3 exams tommrow. First one is in 7 hours

I went to my first autocross today. I have an engine swap , brakes and suspension upgrades. They stuck me in FSP. Anyways, I learned a lot about my car, and will probably never drag race. At first I was like "damn that shitty car beat me", but it's all true, the driver makes up for a lot on the autocross track. I will definately go again to improve myself. That shit was fun.

Quoted post[/post]]
I went to my first autocross today. I have an engine swap , brakes and suspension upgrades. They stuck me in FSP. Anyways, I learned a lot about my car, and will probably never drag race. At first I was like "damn that shitty car beat me", but it's all true, the driver makes up for a lot on the autocross track. I will definately go again to improve myself. That shit was fun.

FSP is my class what do you drive?

I drive a civic coupe with b16 swap, added gsr sways, and rear disc swap. kyb struts.

I don't know if I was properly classed, but that's what they put me in.

I wanna go again...next event is in December though.

Quoted post[/post]]
I went to my first autocross today. I have an engine swap , brakes and suspension upgrades. They stuck me in FSP.

yeah, totally wrong class.

DSP doesn't allow for a motor swap either....

assuming you have full interior, save for rear seats/trunk stuff, you're in street mod y0.

Anyways, I learned a lot about my car, and will probably never drag race. At first I was like "damn that shitty car beat me", but it's all true, the driver makes up for a lot on the autocross track. I will definately go again to improve myself. That shit was fun.

:werd:

F dragging.

i think you're officially member #8 to realize this. lol.

Quoted post[/post]]
welcome to the lighter side of racing.

Lighter?? Try 80 bagillion times more expensive side of racing. My suspension and brakes are currently worth more than my entire fucking car. And I'm not done yet.

*ps..

Got my Beaks® EG rear sway install/brace kit in the mail today. Looks like weak shit. I hope I'm wrong.

Installing a rear sway on a non-rear sway EG is teh SUCK.

i'm afraid you're not. people have still torn out subframes with the beaks kit.

what kind of sway bar are you using? (thickness?)

wasn't the beaks kit SUPPOST to prevent torn subframes? either way, is there a way to beef up the mounting plates that the kits bolt up to? weld? i dunno. besides, i think if your terrin up the subframe, your using to big of a sway bar. i don't even have a swaybar in my car and it hadles just fine with minor tuning, than if i had a swaybar.

good luck with that kit Phyregod!

Quoted post[/post]]
i'm afraid you're not. people have still torn out subframes with the beaks kit.

what kind of sway bar are you using? (thickness?)

ITR, 22mm.

And the kit is aluminum. no nuts, (steel bolts) the threads are actually tapped into the aluminum, at one point only 1/4 inch thick threading. I could strip that shit sneezing too hard. I'm going to modify it.

What a waste of $70.00 :mad:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
welcome to the lighter side of racing.

Lighter?? Try 80 bagillion times more expensive side of racing. My suspension and brakes are currently worth more than my entire fucking car. And I'm not done yet.

*ps..

Got my Beaks® EG rear sway install/brace kit in the mail today. Looks like weak shit. I hope I'm wrong.

Installing a rear sway on a non-rear sway EG is teh SUCK.

i meant lighter in accordance to autox vs drag.

anyways, EG rear sway install/brace on a mirage is wicked easy :)

Yup full interior including the light ass backseat. street mod eh?

BTW the rear sway bar install is really easy if you have the gsr control arms :wink:

It was kinda funny sticking a wrench in the hole to get the nut to stay in place, but it works.

i'm not a big fan of sway bars either... but hey, run 'em if you want.

the problem with the tear out, is that all the beaks kit can do is spread the "pull" from one corner to bother sides. but in the end, its still a hunk of metal thats basically calked to the underside of the unibody. when you put that tension from asway bar on it acting as a lever, its only a matter of time really...

cage it, make a rear subframe that connects to it, and THEN you won't have to worry about tear out. lol

Back