Any SCCA guru's out there?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the one pic that you see on honda-tech all the time of the torn out subframe is on an EK where the subframe itself was designed to put all the stress in one area. In addition, that car was running extremly soft spring rates.

Quoted post[/post]]
the one pic that you see on honda-tech all the time of the torn out subframe is on an EK where the subframe itself was designed to put all the stress in one area. In addition, that car was running extremly soft spring rates.

I wanna see! Or maybe I dont... Ok, Yeah I do. :mrgreen:

Quoted post[/post]]
i'm not a big fan of sway bars either... but hey, run 'em if you want.

the problem with the tear out, is that all the beaks kit can do is spread the "pull" from one corner to bother sides. but in the end, its still a hunk of metal thats basically calked to the underside of the unibody. when you put that tension from asway bar on it acting as a lever, its only a matter of time really...

cage it, make a rear subframe that connects to it, and THEN you won't have to worry about tear out. lol

Well stress is Force/area so if you have a bigger area (2-2.5 sq inches vs .25sq inchs) so it really does make a ton of diffrence. And if you really want to avoid rear subframe tear out, either run the right spring rates or run one of these
product1_detail.jpg

product2_detail.jpg

product3_detail.jpg

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

I wanna see! Or maybe I dont... Ok, Yeah I do. :mrgreen:
ouch5.jpg

ouch2.jpg

ive had my beaks for over a year with no problems. ek's are tjhe ones with tearout problems.

asr bar went through a simulation on hondatech and doesnt show to be any stronger in the area at risk.

I looked at the 2006 solo guidelines and jdm spec cars are excluded from SM. I wonder if my car classifies as jdm spec. If it does then this season I should be in fsp...

Back