Any Techno Heads

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Jun 18 2003, 01:03 AM
how the fuck can you listen to techno and race?? if you want something to get your adrenaline (music wise) pumping to race....speed metal is where its at. and i aint talking about that pussy ass Metallica bullshit...Pantera, SOD (Stormtroopers Of Death....not ghey ass System Of A Down), GWAR...shit like that will get your adrenaline pumping.

on a side note...techno sounds like it has the same fuckin beat in every song.

Slayer angel of death, but that first SOD is the shit.

here;s a couple tracks i'm really into:

Tilt - Angry eyes
Xperience - It's a sin
Armin Van Burren - It's a sin
Andain - Summer calling
Above and Beyond - far from in love
Joan Johnston/ Anomoly - Calling your name
II0 - Rapture
Chicane - salt water
ferry corsten - u2's new years day mix
sakt tank - eugina - dj teisto mix
solid sessions - Jenerio
gouryella - ligaya
Marc Aurel = Don't say goodbye
motorcycle - as the rush comes in
decoy and roy - inner life

peep a few of those tracks. i think they are hot

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jun 17 2003, 04:32 PM
techno = good

Milan

:ditto:

I don't really care for most of the stuff in America though, get the session cd's from "Space IBIZA" those things own!

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Jun 17 2003, 07:03 PM
how the fuck can you listen to techno and race?? if you want something to get your adrenaline (music wise) pumping to race....speed metal is where its at. and i aint talking about that pussy ass Metallica bullshit...Pantera, SOD (Stormtroopers Of Death....not ghey ass System Of A Down), GWAR...shit like that will get your adrenaline pumping.

on a side note...techno sounds like it has the same fuckin beat in every song.

:withstupid: :werd: :worthy: and thank you

dj tiesto - nyanna brand new and it kicks ass if you like trance. anything from global underground is the shit.

teisto is my god....
but im not digging the nyanna cd's much...

In search of sunrise 1,2 and 3 are by far his best works in my opinion, with Magik 1-7 being a close 2nd

i have only listened to disc 2 of nyanna so far and i like a little female vocals so its pretty good. digweed and sasha and van dyk are also favs of mine but they are headed towards some kind of dark beat stuff i dunno

GOA trance is good... and i like the sound of this DnB that you speak of... anyone else know of some really good, hard/fast techno????

ohh and metal is the best for racing, but techno just makes you wanna go fast.... my faves are spineshank, 40 below summer, divided, 18 visions(hardcore not metal but hey), slipknot, and no one....

after reviewing this thread none of you know dick about electronica. and the name ron-e is already taken so your friend should probably change his, ever head of ron-e-core one of the top rated hardcore dj's in the country

as far as white eagles dare's post
techno djs are scared to mix like real DJs. anyone can beatmatch. fuckin suburban white kids! There are a few exceptions: Terrence Parker, Paul Johnson, Kevin Sanderson, Norm Tally, Boo Williams, Craze, Derrick Carter, Derrick May, Juan Atkins.
if it's not them, it's really not that important.

way to name nothing but huge named overplayed dj's derrick carter, derrick may, and juan atkins are the only decent ones on that list and thats only because they produce their own shit. and their not even all techno dj's anyways, have you ever heard derrick carter make a techno cd? hes a house dj

I'm not into Techno, I just can't stand the shit. It didnt get big until imports did. Imports weren't "big" until FnF. When I hear Techno, i think of some car show or a gathering of ricers. That is just me.

I personally listen to a variety of shit from old Metallica to Korn to Ganster rap to the ne bling bling rap. :shrug2:

Metal has to be some of the worst music on earth. One guy screaming into a microphone, a couple of guys playing two or three chords over and over on some string instruments, and one guy banging away as fast and loud as he can on drums.

regarding that movie... i have been djing and raving for over 5 years... and that was the most fucked up scene.. pissed me off beyond compare that raves and parties like that are no where near any type of enviroment like that. and that guy with the photon on strings trying to be cool... i laughed so hard in the movie theater... raves are cool, that movie was a very poor representaiton of those types of environments!
:werd:
dylan

and just to let yall know i do play an instrument, how do u think i produce music, sit down in front of a computer?

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jun 18 2003, 02:56 PM
Metal has to be some of the worst music on earth. One guy screaming into a microphone, a couple of guys playing two or three chords over and over on some string instruments, and one guy banging away as fast and loud as he can on drums.

A vegebale can make techno, as long as he can push a button. At least MUSICIANS can play an instrument, instead of a bunch of pre programmed beats and samples.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 18 2003, 10:44 AM
A vegebale can make techno, as long as he can push a button. At least MUSICIANS can play an instrument, instead of a bunch of pre programmed beats and samples.

Do you even know what goes into mixing beats and getting one continuous sound that people can dance to? It's not just pushing a button....

Who's calling metal bands musicians? Not I. I never said they could play their instruments either. I think with a drum set and a six pack I could be a metal drummer or singer.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jun 18 2003, 12:52 AM
I'm not into Techno, I just can't stand the shit. It didnt get big until imports did. Imports weren't "big" until FnF. When I hear Techno, i think of some car show or a gathering of ricers. That is just me.

I personally listen to a variety of shit from old Metallica to Korn to Ganster rap to the ne bling bling rap. :shrug2:

can i get an AMEN!

techno sucks....

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Jun 18 2003, 06:46 PM-->
@Jun 18 2003, 10:44 AM

Do you even know what goes into mixing beats and getting one continuous sound that people can dance to? It's not just pushing a button....

Who's calling metal bands musicians? Not I. I never said they could play their instruments either. I think with a drum set and a six pack I could be a metal drummer or singer.

As a matter of fact yes, I do know what goes into producing techno, trance, house whatever. I have quite a few friends who DJ and mix, back home, and have been into it before most of the peole on this board could walk, back when Kraftwerk was a cutting edge group, and Acid Horse and other Wax Trax bands was the shit. And your opinion about whether or not metal musicians can play is irrellevent, it just shows what you know about music, which is apparently not a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back