Any Techno Heads

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin@Jun 18 2003, 11:09 AM
people dont dance to techno, they wave their little glow sticks around.

You've obviously never been to a techno/house/trance club, where they don't even let in people under 21. I think you've watched FnF too much....

And 92b16vx, I like to think I know a bit about music. I too have been into techno before it "became popular" or whatever you want to call it. If you say you've been into it for so long, why would you say it only takes pushing a button to create it?

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jun 18 2003, 07:33 PM

And 92b16vx, I like to think I know a bit about music. I too have been into techno before it "became popular" or whatever you want to call it. If you say you've been into it for so long, why would you say it only takes pushing a button to create it?

Sorry, I am a musicain, and I play music that most hate, ( hardcore, grind). People are always starting shit saying, how there is no structure or melody, and quite frankly we like it like that. But there is a LOT more than banging on drums and playing two or three chords, to stay together as a cohesive unit through changes that make your head swim, takes practice and skill. I have helped a few times on industral (broad term) and it is a different approach, I have seen people with no talent what so ever, make some really good sounding electronic music. And I have seen friends that can compose whole orcestras in their heads lay down some truely mystifing sounds to tape. Don't get me wrong, there are some truely talented people making electronic music, but it is a lot easier to learn how, than actually playing an instrument.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 18 2003, 03:09 PM
Don't get me wrong, there are some truely talented people making electronic music, but it is a lot easier to learn how, than actually playing an instrument.

Have you even stepped foot behind a set of turn tables? It's actually a lot harder than you think bro. It's not just pressing random buttons like everyone puts it out to be. That shit takes years and years of practice. Most dj's scratch for 15 years at clubs and never get one look at a record deal. Same thing goes for most people playing in bands at local clubs.

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin+Jun 18 2003, 12:53 PM-->
Domeskilla
@Jun 18 2003, 12:52 AM
I'm not into Techno, I just can't stand the shit. It didnt get big until imports did. Imports weren't "big" until FnF. When I hear Techno, i think of some car show or a gathering of ricers. That is just me.

I personally listen to a variety of shit from old Metallica to Korn to Ganster rap to the ne bling bling rap.  :shrug2:

can i get an AMEN!

techno sucks....

:werd: :withstupid: techno sucks major ass. its the same damn beat over and over and over and over and over again.... "boom boom boom boom boom boom..." does it ever stop?! if you wanna hear good mixing, go listen to hip-hop. thats where it all started, so thats where its the best.

Originally posted by dveit@Jun 18 2003, 08:44 PM
Have you even stepped foot behind a set of turn tables? It's actually a lot harder than you think bro. It's not just pressing random buttons like everyone puts it out to be. That shit takes years and years of practice. Most dj's scratch for 15 years at clubs and never get one look at a record deal. Same thing goes for most people playing in bands at local clubs.

Don't even start, I have messed around with just about every way there is to make music to include the saw, rain sticks, yes turntables, guitars, drums, keyboards whatever. I am well aware that some DJ take years of practice, and some just pick it up. It is the same for any instrument. Spending years in clubs, before being good and spending years in clubs before getting a contract are two diffeent things. If you are good enough to spin in a club, you should be good enough to get into the business, and if you're not then they shouldn't be spinning at a club, or they should be promoting themselves better. I know all about playing the club scene, did it for years, toured the country twice and roadied for another band a couple on tours.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jun 18 2003, 12:33 PM
You've obviously never been to a techno/house/trance club, where they don't even let in people under 21. I think you've watched FnF too much....

you're right. i've never been to a 'techno/house/trance' club. that doesn't change the fact that its sucks. and where in FnF does anyone mess with glowsticks?

Meh, it happens in several places in the movie. Point is, there are plenty of clubs where live DJ's spin and make plenty of good music, without a glowstick in sight. There's more to techno than just raves...

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jun 18 2003, 05:16 PM
There's more to techno that just raves...

Yeah, most of that glowstick shit are just stereotypes anyways..

Originally posted by dveit@Jun 18 2003, 02:18 PM
Yeah, most of that glowstick shit are just stereostypes anyways..

Right, like how all people who listen to punk are out-of-work skinheads and how everyone who listens to rap is a gangsta.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jun 18 2003, 08:56 AM
Metal has to be some of the worst music on earth. One guy screaming into a microphone, a couple of guys playing two or three chords over and over on some string instruments, and one guy banging away as fast and loud as he can on drums.

I think you are confusing metal with punk...if everyone is gonna get all prissy cause we mix up electonica and house and techno (when its all the same fuckin thing anyway) at least do the same for metal. It takes talent to PLAY YOUR OWN INSTRUMENT instead of letting a computer do it for you. And there is singing involved as well, as opposed to "I'M BLUE DA BOO DEE DA BOO DAA." what the fuck is that?
By the way 92b16vx what hardcore band are you in? My friend is the singer for Will to Live, he's pretty good friends with Jamey Jasta from Hatebreed, would I know anything you've done?

Originally posted by machine+Jun 18 2003, 11:10 PM-->
dohcvtec_accord
@Jun 18 2003, 08:56 AM
Metal has to be some of the worst music on earth. One guy screaming into a microphone, a couple of guys playing two or three chords over and over on some string instruments, and one guy banging away as fast and loud as he can on drums.

I think you are confusing metal with punk...

By the way 92b16vx what hardcore band are you in? My friend is the singer for Will to Live, he's pretty good friends with Jamey Jasta from Hatebreed, would I know anything you've done?

Punk can suck, and seem pretty talentless, but if we are splitting hairs, punk is way to broad a term, inside of it there is Hardcore, emo, grind, powerviolence, pop punk, political, crust, etc... and they all have different styles.

I was in Pisspoor. We had a split on Sound Pollution, and a split on Spiral Objective, and some songs on comps here and there. We played with Hatebreed in Austin.

Originally posted by Baker@Jun 18 2003, 01:51 AM
after reviewing this thread none of you know dick about electronica. and the name ron-e is already taken so your friend should probably change his, ever head of ron-e-core one of the top rated hardcore dj's in the country

as far as white eagles dare's post
techno djs are scared to mix like real DJs. anyone can beatmatch. fuckin suburban white kids! There are a few exceptions: Terrence Parker, Paul Johnson, Kevin Sanderson, Norm Tally, Boo Williams, Craze, Derrick Carter, Derrick May, Juan Atkins.
if it's not them, it's really not that important.

way to name nothing but huge named overplayed dj's derrick carter, derrick may, and juan atkins are the only decent ones on that list and thats only because they produce their own shit. and their not even all techno dj's anyways, have you ever heard derrick carter make a techno cd? hes a house dj

where i'm from, house and techno are the same thing. its all the same. there is a lot of good electronic music. but there is a lot of bad shit too, like trance: trance is pop. pop is shit. when thomas bangalter releases two shity records in a row, i know the genre is at rock bottom.
and i do notice a lot of ricers that are ravers/ wearing the gel spiky hair and fuckin stupid visor driving a neon green fart can civic listening to some horrible trance or "progressive" house. you realize that's going to be the stereotype for our entire "turn of the century" generation, and think thats fucking sick.
od damn
I dont trust anyone who wasn't punk rock in '88

...detroit motherfuckers///

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back