Any Techno Heads

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by dveit+Jun 18 2003, 02:44 PM-->
@Jun 18 2003, 03:09 PM
Don't get me wrong, there are some truely talented people making electronic music, but it is a lot easier to learn how, than actually playing an instrument.

Have you even stepped foot behind a set of turn tables? It's actually a lot harder than you think bro. It's not just pressing random buttons like everyone puts it out to be. That shit takes years and years of practice. Most dj's scratch for 15 years at clubs and never get one look at a record deal. Same thing goes for most people playing in bands at local clubs.

dude, you can teach a monkey to beat match, good DJ's are a dime a dozen. The ones that really stand out are the ones that produce their own shit, and no sitting at home playing with reason doesn't make you a producer.

all you haters ruined a perfectly good thread. if you don't like it, don't listen to it.
start your own punk or hip hop thread. HATERS

Originally posted by where eagles dare+Jun 18 2003, 10:48 PM-->
@Jun 18 2003, 01:51 AM
after reviewing this thread none of you know dick about electronica. and the name ron-e is already taken so your friend should probably change his, ever head of ron-e-core one of the top rated hardcore dj's in the country

as far as white eagles dare's post
techno djs are scared to mix like real DJs. anyone can beatmatch. fuckin suburban white kids! There are a few exceptions: Terrence Parker, Paul Johnson, Kevin Sanderson, Norm Tally, Boo Williams, Craze, Derrick Carter, Derrick May, Juan Atkins.
if it's not them, it's really not that important.

way to name nothing but huge named overplayed dj's derrick carter, derrick may, and juan atkins are the only decent ones on that list and thats only because they produce their own shit. and their not even all techno dj's anyways, have you ever heard derrick carter make a techno cd? hes a house dj

where i'm from, house and techno are the same thing. its all the same. there is a lot of good electronic music. but there is a lot of bad shit too, like trance: trance is pop. pop is shit. when thomas bangalter releases two shity records in a row, i know the genre is at rock bottom.
and i do notice a lot of ricers that are ravers/ wearing the gel spiky hair and fuckin stupid visor driving a neon green fart can civic listening to some horrible trance or "progressive" house. you realize that's going to be the stereotype for our entire "turn of the century" generation, and think thats fucking sick.
od damn
I dont trust anyone who wasn't punk rock in '88

...detroit motherfuckers///

dude, those are in no way actual ravers....and if you are form detroit house and techno are not called the same thing, you're liable to get stabbed if you said that to someone, detroit techno is known world round.

lets consult gary coleman:

s3ef14a9199d00.jpg

i love techno, and electronica. I just hate how popular and mainstream it has become. I got beat up in middle school for listening to dee lite, and now the people that used to hate on me because i wasn't into the cool thing then are into techno now that it's cool. I have slowly watched every form of music i love be bastardized... It's happening right now with punk and hardcore. the shit is everywhere, it's so phony.
In detroit, all of the GOOD producers/djs treat each other with respect, and in a way there's no bickering over sub-genres. ITS ALL JUST ELECTRONIC/TECHNO. not that it really is the same, but in a way it's treated the same.
Your right too, ANYBODY that can keep time can beatmatch. anybody who isn't tonedeaf can select and BEATMATCH two records whos chord structure complement each other. Anybody who can gauge a crowd and pick records to move them can play a decent DJ set. Anybody who can do all of these things and on top of that, has the coordination and dexterity to juggle, scratch, chirp, ect is a good DJ. without any of these elements you are a sucker, and a punk.

a dj who produces does not make a good dj, it make a dj who produces. there are alot of shitty djs who make great tracks, and the other way around. and then there are those who can do both well.

god damn

can we got a lock on this thread... if i would have known that this would have gotten this crazy, i wouldn't have said a damn thing....

peace

dylan

scared of what? i know i make good money in this business, enough to pay for school, my house, and all the bills and not have to work an 8 hour job all the time.

dylan

u like what you like, i like what i like, so why do you care what i like, the thread wasn't directed torwards bashing the style of music that you like, so why u go dissin on mine

peace

Originally posted by where eagles dare@Jun 19 2003, 01:00 AM
i love techno, and electronica.  I just hate how popular and mainstream it has become.  I got beat up in middle school for listening to dee lite, and now the people that used to hate on me because i wasn't into the cool thing then are into techno now that it's cool.  I have slowly watched every form of music i love be bastardized...  It's happening right now with punk and hardcore.  the shit is everywhere, it's so phony.
In detroit, all of the GOOD producers/djs treat each other with respect, and in a way there's no bickering over sub-genres.  ITS ALL JUST ELECTRONIC/TECHNO.  not that it really is the same, but in a way it's treated the same. 
Your right too, ANYBODY that can keep time can beatmatch.  anybody who isn't tonedeaf can select and BEATMATCH two records whos chord structure complement each other.  Anybody who can gauge a crowd and pick records to move them can play a decent DJ set.  Anybody who can do all of these things and on top of that, has the coordination and dexterity to juggle, scratch, chirp, ect is a good DJ.  without any of these elements you are a sucker, and a punk.

a dj who produces does not make a good dj, it make a dj who produces.  there are alot of shitty djs who make great tracks, and the other way around.  and then there are those who can do both well.

god damn

:werd: :ditto: :werd:

it's people doing what they love doing, and having a good time, it's about doing what you love and getting paid for it

there are sooooooooooo many techno songs and styles out there.... you are bound to find one you like garaunteed... and if your going to be close minded now then god help your kids man.. you will be one of those parents breaking their kids cds cause its distasteful and shit...

and for the record its all about the drugs....lol :blink:

Originally posted by shuturmowth@Jun 19 2003, 03:21 PM
and for the record its all about the drugs....lol :blink:

***ding ding ding ding***
we have a winner

.... you are correct sir... and that is why i no longer associate with that scene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back