any way to tell if a dizzy is bad??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ek9r

yea whats up, im gonna go look at a non-obd vtec TD22u distributor tomorrow and want to know if there is any way to check it for continuity on the plug or anything? is there anything i should look for that can tell me if it is a bad distributor?
please help me out cause i dont want to buy someone's broken shit.
any help would be great
JOHN

well i dont know how to tell if its good or not but my friend had a messed up one and the it was missing teeth inside. It couldnt be spun by hand and when it was in the car it was making a lot of clacking noises. Did you ask why he doesnt want it?

i could give you the resistance there should be on the plugs from an obd1 dist. not sure if they are the same though...

just install it and see if it works ok. thats really the best way to tell. installing it doesnt take long. its like 3 bolts and a couple wire harnesses.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Nov 13 2003, 03:20 AM
just install it and see if it works ok. thats really the best way to tell. installing it doesnt take long. its like 3 bolts and a couple wire harnesses.

the engine its being used on is still being built . . . . .
ill check to see if it spins freely, thanks, anything else?
that resistance spec would be great too . ...

Originally posted by ek9r@Nov 13 2003, 07:29 AM

i'll look it up in my helms when i get home tonight.

Originally posted by ek9r+Nov 13 2003, 10:29 AM-->
rixXxceboy
@Nov 13 2003, 03:20 AM

the engine its being used on is still being built . . . . .
ill check to see if it spins freely, thanks, anything else?

oh ok. nice sig lol

Back