any way to tell the year of a tranny?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

claytonsmith

is there anyway to date a tranny without taking it out of the car? i want to stick an Si tranny in place of my DX one.. but i need to find out what year my DX tranny is.. becasue i want to remain using the clutch i currently have.. sooo i need to know if i should look for a 90-91 Si tranny or an older one

thanks

-Clayton

i may sound stupid after saying this, but wouldn't the transmission be the same year as your car??

if that's what you're trying to figure out, i'd assume that. i know that my transmission is a 90, since it's from a 1990 year car.

i'm not sure if i understood completely.

haah yes.. if it were the original tranny.. but it isnt.. when a ZC was put in the car a DX tranny was also put in with it... the car is STD.. sooo yeah :)

anyone else have an answer??

-Clayton

I think the tranny codes are dif for the years. Kind of like the b18a and b18b engines.

STD is the Standard model for a 88-91 hatch. LOWER model than a DX. 4 speed, vinyl interior, no right side mirror, 1.5L 72 HP wonder motor. What a car. I had a red one with gray interior. It took a beating for sure, the year and a half I owned it... and I sold it for $600 more than I bought it for. ;)

Back