Any Z owners besides Jeffie?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wouldn't that just be an overflow?

Its different. A breather tank is positioned higher in elevation with respect to the radiator so that bubbles can be bleed out of the system.

I installed an ebay breather tank along with my koyo radiator. Car ran like a freezer when it used to overheat (after merciless beatings on very hot days). They look like this:

EPSN0877.jpg

sounds like improper air bleeding when filling the coolant system to me
cant really say i've ever heard of anyone using those
usually any air left in the system will get pushed from the radiator (highest point on most system) into the overflow
and when the system cools it pulls back in coolant

sounds like improper air bleeding when filling the coolant system to me
cant really say i've ever heard of anyone using those
usually any air left in the system will get pushed from the radiator (highest point on most system) into the overflow
and when the system cools it pulls back in coolant

Its not improper - its just more efficient than letting the fluid slosh into the overflow tank. This is what the setup looks like:

1221255814_2_FT2942_breatherdsm.jpg

I think I may be the last "OG" hondaswap member to cut his ties with the big H

You May Be An "OG" Hondaswap Member If:

-you don't actually own a honda/acura
-you understand "Flagday""
-if you have actually seen the flash intro for the website
-if you ever posted with "pissedoffsol"
-if you know Triniti
-if you know about "V-Tech"

Did I miss anything?

i still own my sol

gforce17x85x114offset45qv7.jpg

rota g-force 18x9

too skinny, plus 18s tad bit small.

there's many wheel threads on my350z.com with tons of pictures of stuff. Rotas tend to be looked down on, they rip off other designs and tend to break when put to real use. Hondas they work pretty good on but the larger bigger rota wheels... gets a lot of bad wrap.

Check out Axis wheels, I've cracked one of mine but had a brand new replacement on my doorstep 3 days later. That was after 4 years of ownership! Best CS I've ever had from a car part company.

They're also cheaper too.

Again 9.5 or wider! You're not in a honda anymore.

Why would you spend money on wheels that are the same size as your oem wheels? Save yourself $2000 and spend $3.00 on a can of black spray paint.

Why would you spend money on wheels that are the same size as your oem wheels? Save yourself $2000 and spend $3.00 on a can of black spray paint.

Dont forget the spacers. Gotta do some spacers with OEM wheels. tucked wheels on a RWD car SCREAMS old honda owner.

I had axis rims on my civic.

The same ones from FNF on the eclipse. :p

Dont forget the spacers. Gotta do some spacers with OEM wheels. tucked wheels on a RWD car SCREAMS old honda owner.

I had kics 20mm spacers on oem wheels - definitely made the car look a lot better, plus they were like $100 used.

spacers001aa9.jpg

Back