Anybody ever use Rosetta Stone?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MthaFuknGreen

Green on the scene.
is it any good?
i wanna learn german and french then go from there..
is it boring as shit or does it make you actually wanna learn?

my father and his parents speak german, but never around me. and if they do, its something they dont want me to hear.
he speaks french too, but neither fluently.

but thats not what i asked.
lol

what i meant was it would help you want to learn.. for example, i meet a colombian girl the other day, who speaks terrible english. makes me wanna learn spanish... well, i already want to, and im in the process of learning already, but makes me want it more. plus along the way i could help her speak english lol

oh, yeah.
i play burnout with a bunch of french and german people.
that would be good practice, but i need to learn first.

just start swearing at them in their own language. you'll pick up on new words and saying fast. then you can use them against your friends!

i dont need to disguise my insults in other languages.
lol
i just want to learn.

Go up to your dad and grandparents when they're together, and say
"Ich mochte Deutsch wissen und sie sind Esels willen sie meinen lehrereinen sind nicht!!!"
Also Say
"Ich lieb sich, aber sie oft sind scheisskopfen."

just look at your grandmother and exclaim:
"Jadentag schlage Ich mein Fleisch!"

She'll know what you mean.

I like it, was just talking about it in the 'Why English Sucks' thread:

I tried Rosetta Stone Japanese as a lark for just a few hours a year or two ago, I believe the hype about that software now. The language was total gibberish before, but from that short exposure I can at least parse the verbiage a little bit now, even though I may not understand it (along with some other basics like picking up how 'ka' turns the sentence into a question (I think? That's what I inferred from it anyway)). Once in a while I even catch a word.

That's the whole idea behind it, inference. You learn it just like your first language. They start out with a word and 4 pictures. You may have no idea what it is, but you guess till you get it right. Then they use that word with another one, and one of the pictures has the first thing plus the second thing. And so on.

Last edited:
ok, im gonna give it a shot then.
theres also this site, livemocha, its like going to school to learn it and its free.

I'd like imput on it as well.. I want to pick up japanese.. I have no use for it, but I would like to learn.

I have the spanish lessons 1 and 2, and they are ok, but as stated before they give you a picture and a word. You just guess what it means.

i think thats how most language learning programs work.
that live mocha one seems to be like that, and i had a spanish one a long time ago when i was a little kid that was kinda like that.

i wanna get muzzy!!

Didnt read everyone elses comments but french is a hard lanugauge to learn..... still having trouble with english lmao

from what ive heard, english is the easiest to learn.
my girlfriend says its easy, and its her second language.

from what ive seen about other languages, english is a whole lot simpler.
you dont need to change the word based on sex or age(kid talking to an adult for example).
there isnt a shit load of words with just the slightest thing changed meaning the same thing.. ect.

from what ive heard, english is the easiest to learn.
my girlfriend says its easy, and its her second language.

from what ive seen about other languages, english is a whole lot simpler.
you dont need to change the word based on sex or age(kid talking to an adult for example).
there isnt a shit load of words with just the slightest thing changed meaning the same thing.. ect.

O well... got the french junt at the casa if you want it

Back