Anybody good with Corvette's?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cheese9988

VIP
I've been looking at mostly C4's. C5's if they are in the right price range. I want a manual gearbox and no convertibles. I'd go with an older model, but carb's aren't my thing. No damn red interiors!!

I'm looking to spend up to $20k. I've got a few lined up, actually in the low dollar price range. I'm looking to see where the problem area's, so I know what to look for. I'm actually in Lowell Mass, I'm to damn lazy to change my sig.

Chevrolet : Corvette 40th Anniversary in Chevrolet | eBay Motors

1993 Chevrolet Corvette - 40th (same guy)

Cars for Sale: 1995 Chevrolet Corvette in Hudson, MA 01749: Coupe Details - 347041465 - AutoTrader.com

1994 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

You moved to Lowell ?

You want something nice that you have to leave outside ?

My god. How bad is Rochester these days?

With C4's its going to be the window motors and weather stripping..and the winking headlight...and the bose radio will go as well

O and the rear tires are going to wear out fast once you get it :p

That 1994 ZR1 is a steal...you can't go wrong with that thing. That LT5 engine responds incredibley well to boost up to 7-8 PSI if you ever planned a supercharger/turbo project...

I had a Supercharged 1994 LT1 Corvette, had a bad installed but once another guy fixed it, it was a blast to drive. i think i was making 450hp if i remember correctly

My dad also had a 1995 Manaual and a 1999 FRC C5 manual...that i drove all the time.

I love C5's.. especially the Z06...you just can't go wrong with a LS1 engine...

you can get a Z06 for the price range you are talking about

Cars for Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 in Suwanee, GA 30024: Coupe Details - 346632733 - AutoTrader.com

Last edited:
As far as the older model, don't be afraid of the "carb" models. Only the 84 has the Crossfire injection. And Crossfire is basically TBI FI. It's reliable as anything, takes boost, and is NOT a single year, experimental design. It was Corvette fuel intake for a very long time.

The older models (84-86) had the neatest transmission called a "4+3". This transmission is very large, and oddly shaped. But it gives you a clutch, and 4 manual gears. Then the 5th gear is a seperate, automatic transmission that only handles higher speeds. So you'll shift it as normal right into 5th gear. Then 5th gear starts doing all sorts of funky shit taking you right up to 160 mph or so while maintaining rather pleasant RPMs and sounds. \

The vacuum fluorescent display isn't too bad either. I know many of them don't work, but the fixes are easy. there was a time when they weren't easy to fix - But like all things, people got used to them and know them inside and out now.

The rear suspension is also pretty neat. The mono-leaf is the anti roll, and it's fibreglass, and the axle itself is on a 4 point trailing link setup. The C5 lacks that. GM got rid of that rear suspension because the owners complained that it was too stiff. Support for the C4 in the aftermarket (and even in OEM) is still strong, and will ALWAYS be strong.

And pretty cheap.

Rochester? Kodak filed for bankruptcy. Its pretty much headed the path of Buffalo, but has more business still holding on. I choose Lowell because it was ALOT cheaper than Boston. Im in one of the newer renovated lofts over there, pretty snazzy really. Its not much different than what I'm used to Lol.

Back