Anybody have a turbo 5g prelude here?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turtl631

I was wondering if anyone on this board has a turbo fifth gen prelude. I want something a little different from the integras and civics that everybody seems to have nowadays, im thinkin either a prelude or a 240sx. but, not many posts here are about turbo h22s. is it truly difficult to get the parts needed to put together a turbo lude? why don't more ppl do this? i don't wanna go all motor, and superchargers are pretty lame for the street. pissedoffsol has me converted to the cult of boost :worthy: well, thanks for any replies everybody. peace

oh, and i don't have a lude or a 240. i wont get the car till the end of spring. im just researching now, and from what ive seen, boosting a lude is not easy to do at all.

easy? yes, worth it? hell yess. its as hard to boost a b16 as a h22. just use good fuel management, which u have to do anyways if you want your shit to last.

i was on a prelude message board and i went to the forced induction section. all i saw were posts aobut ppl who couldnt find exhaust manifolds and other parts to fit an h22..nobody seemed to be having much success gettin the turbo setup together and installed. they all complained about not being able to find the parts they needed, so i got kinda leery. if its as easy as a b16, then what's a good exhaust manifold that doesnt cost 3 times as much as one for a b16?

It's very easy to find turbo parts for an H22. A couple of guys I know are running turbo 5th gens without any problems. Plenty of people make manifolds, etc for the H22.

I'm guessing the main reason most people dont boost 'ludes is due to the initial cost of the car and possibly the weight? the 240 would be the way to go because of the rear wheel drive =) but thats my .02

well, my situation is different than most. my parents are buying the car, kind of a reward for being a geek all my life and getting a full ride to school. however, they'll never pay for any mods, so id like to milk their generosity for as much as its worth. hence the prelude, maybe. i get nothing out of buying a cheaper car except a cheaper car. if it was just my money to spend, id get an older s14 240sx and swap in a skyline rb25det. but that will be too expensive to do with my own money. so basically, im looking for the cheapest option for a really fun daily driver out of either a lude, 240, or maybe integra (but im kinda sick of seeing them all over, i want something a bit different).

5th gen lude- 6000
turbo kit- 4000

300 whp on stock internals that are weak with fwd for 10 grand, shitty

s13 240 - 2000
sr20det - 2500
turbo upgrade- 1000

having 400 whp, rear wheel drive, on a strong ass boosted motor for 5500 bucks, priceless.

well, "turbo upgrade" gets pretty complicated. sr20s don't come with front mount intercoolers, so you need to get that, and then you need to replace the 240 exhaust and prob fuel pump and clutch. but yeah, i definitely see your point sol. bulletproof internals and rwd are the main draws of the 240 for me. and awesome swap options besides the sr. btw, what turbo upgrade would you recommend for...ah forget that, this is a honda forum. :)

by turbo upgrade, i meant the turbo itself. its a dinky t25. pick upo a t3/t4 and a t3 flanged manifold for a G msot likely.

you can get an sr20 clip with a front mount for 2500 bucks. look harder :)

As for exhaust and what not, you'd need to do that to the prelude as well.... and thus, i didn't count it.

Back