anybody have an htc device with sense?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tried different cables.
cant take it in for diag, its well out of warranty.
not going to pay for somebody to guess the same as me. lol.

going to try and do a factory reset, after i root and remove some bloat.
may try to use a different sd card first as well.

Well I'm saying that cause it could be a hardware thing. I've had wiring or whatever come loose internally on my HTC's that used the USB port both for charging/connections and headphones. With Sprint even outside of warranty they take it apart and look at it most the time. Then try to rape you on the fix. lol

lol. i doubt its hardware related unless the sd card is getting corrupt. which wouldnt make too much sense bc i can still listen to music and take/see pictures etc. just usb wont hook up every time. and it did perfectly fine until i updated it.
so, unless it update somehow unhooks wires.....

im in the same boat. i have no need for a custom rom.
my phone does everything i need it to, when the sd card actually works with my car radio lol.
i just want to get rid of the bloatware and figure out what this particular issue is.

i miss sense now that my new phone doesn't have it. the auto correct and keyboard were SO much better than what the s3 comes with. I need to find a new one to install that doesn't suck. this swype thing is garbage

well.
still having the usb issues.

i realized that in order for it to actually show connected, i can no longer just plug in the usb and go. i have to have the screen unlocked and it will connect, then lock it back. minor inconvenience. but at least i get it to hook up now.

still skips on songs and randomly changes.
except it didnt do it on a cd that i actually ripped myself from a physical cd.
seems that everything i had downloaded from amazon, or got from a friend skips and changes though.

so i thought that maybe it was the music files themselves or the sd card corrupting.

just put the sd card into an old android phone i have had sitting around and played the songs that have been giving me the most issue, and they played perfectly. no skipping, no changing.

so, i know its def something to do with the phone.
question is what? its really bugging me.

i did a factory reset, to no avail.

i do notice now that the sensation has a selection under storage for "SD card encryption. Require SD cards to be encrypted. Non-encrypted SD cards will be read only."
its unchecked and im not sure that my card is encrypted.
could that have something to do with it?

ugh, this is really pissing me off.

formatted the sd card last night and reloaded music etc.

still the same issue. really regret doing this update now, the USB radio and music in general is about 90% of what I do with my phone. and now I can't do USB radio.

Is anybody else having that issue? If not something might have just screwed up during the update. Reset to factory and re load?

what do you mean reset to factory?
go back to gingerbread?
i wish, but cant be done without custom rom.
already did a factory reset, and it solved nothing.

Back