anybody heard of Wanli?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

Anyone ever heard of Wanli brand? I think the model for lo-pros is the S-1099, not sure. Anyway, They are available from Les Schwab for like 88 bucks a tire for 205/40 17s, which is what I have on my Motegi MR12s. Probably more expensive than a lot of you pay, but hell, this is Schwab's. Their top-line toyo is like 170 per tire... :blink:

Anyway, they have a similar tread design to the Yokohama, and they last for feckin EVER! I drive pretty conservatively on them though, due to the crappeh roads here. Even so, I have more than 10k miles on them and they're still at 80% tread...

Just wondering if anyone had heard of them or had much exp. with these tires.

Ive heard of them and seen them for sale but i have never seen anybody own them. And I see people go through tires like its cool.

So if 17s suck, what do you recommend? I might be looking for new wheels in the future.

Any particular 16" wheel that you folks recommend? I'm going overall for a touring car look, so I was thinking the simple 5-spoke style (a'la Rota Slipstream) but I'm not sure if they make them in 16x8... I'd like to go 16x8 if possible, but 16x7 is acceptable.

Also, what tire size would you recommend for a 16x7 or 16x8?

theres no rota anytyhing in 16x8

if you want a touring car, buy a bmw. you own a honda.

Yes, well, I was expecting that response. I'm not trying to make my civic INTO a touring car, I'm just going for that clean, race-style look. Look upon me as a fool if you wish, but the car will look good when it's done and that's all that matters.

Does anyone know of a race-style wheel in 16x8?

16x8? Why so wide? I think you'd probably be rubbing with 205's on 16 inch rims anyway. 16x7 should be fine for your civic.

/me points to sig

Widebody kit going on. Rubbage is not my concern, but I am liking what I'm seeing in the 16x7 Slipstreams. Anyone know where to get a set fairly priced? Now I just gotta sell my 17s...

i think they only start going to 8 wide at 17. you can probally get some custom wheels but you will pay more $$$.

the biggest i would go is a 16" and if its gonna be that big its gonna be a tenzo rim.ive heard of them, you got jipped,www.wheelguyz.com has em for like $40 bucks if i can remember.personally i would go with the slipstreams and a set of ecsta tires....

Back