1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anybody here know anything about richmond va?

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by invisibledemon, Aug 22, 2010.

1. invisibledemon

invisibledemon Bored Moderator VIP

My little sisters guy has a job offer in richmond va.
    im trying to help her find the nicer areas in which to look for a place to live. i know not a damn thing about that place.
    figured id post up here and see if anybody has exp with this place?

2. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

i've driven through it.

most of it's a ghetto. I would suggest finding a subhurb of it.

3. invisibledemon

yeah, thats what i thought. ive been looking at google street view. not so good looking.
    i believe the place hes going to be working is in the southern part. so. we'll see. if he takes the job, i'll be making a long drive to va soon.

4. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

ive been in Richmond before. its dirty and ghetto as hell as B said. definately a place you dont wanna be in when it gets dark out...

5. boostedf22

boostedf22 dis is why im not

Well... I have been living here for almost 6 years now. As all this dirty and ghetto talk goes I can only vouch from my experience. Just like all cities they have the low income sections. Richmond has its fair share of it. If your just driving through here near the interstate then ya, you'll think bad of it. Richmond is broken into several areas (Chesterfield, Hanover, Ashland, Mechanicsville, Midlothian, ect) and I would say only about 20% of Richmond is trash. There are more suburbs then projects, as well as anything outside of downtown has wide range of great schools, great neighborhoods, ect. Ya, there is a lot of violence here (only located in the lower income areas) but living in the short-pump area, I feel comfortable to leave my house and could leave the front/rear door wide open.

Richmond is far from being full of dirt and ghetto, unless your looking to live in that area. Cost of living here is almost as the DC area and the housing market is on the flop here too.

Btw I am back from the dead - so whats up!

6. invisibledemon

you should change your sn to sporadic. you make like 3 posts every 6 months or so. lol. how ya been?

and what about the montrose area? im not 100% positive, but i believe thats where his company is at.

7. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

I've never heard anything bad about richmond.

8. dveit

dveit Well-Known Member VIP

Like boostedf22 said, its like any city... it has it's good and bad parts. Some parts of Richmond are very ghetto and you definitely would not want to be lost at night in. However, some of the areas like Shortpump, Midlothian, and Chesterfield are pretty nice suburbs closely outside the city. I've never heard anything bad about Montrose.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted