anybody into bmx?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i just now got back into it yesterday after my last bike got stolen 6 months ago and i finally bought a new bike. brand new DK Siklon. Got it took off all the reflectors, guards etc. then went to Florence Kentucky to a place called ollies and it was sick. tonight i changed the stem to a front load eastern stem and cut the seat post down for about another pound of weight savings

here it is when i first got it:

2009-12-21135626.jpg

ill post a pic of it currently here in awhile

and here is the place we went... its not even close to all of it:

2009-12-21215113.jpg

2009-12-21215125.jpg

2009-12-21224716.jpg

just wanted to see how many people on here are into it too... post pics of your bikes if so

Last edited:
I used to race back in middle school/high school until I was Expert, then I got into dirt jumping as I didn't renew my ABA membership when I went to college.

I had a S&M. Grabber green frame and powdered coated black parts. Profile SS crank. 1/2" axles. Triple wall wheels. S&M slam bars. Redneck headset. The whole nine. I ended up selling it on craigslist after I realized another fall will put me out of work. So 500 later, I walked away from the sport.

Recently I got into road biking. It's a bit more work, but pretty relaxing.

man this shit at the park is quite a lot of work if you actually ride i dont mean bmx racing as in freestyle bmx lol but sounds like you had a nice set up i wanna make this black with red rims and other little red touches all over it

I ride when I can. Got a Redline Single X with some misc shit on it. Started building a Fit Hawk frame up, but I took a pay cut and now its the holidays lol. Got the frame, Shadow 11B bars, Shadow Creeper Q26 forks, Profile BMX cranks, Demolition U brakes (the new ones with the bearings in the arms, cant member the model), Demolition grips, Shadow Interloc chain, and other lil things. Biggest hold up is the wheel set. Im gunna run some Profile low flange hubs, so Im lookin at over 400 bucks in parts, then I gotta pay someone to lace em up lol.

I used to have a Free Agent, don't remember the model but it was the stupid heavy overbuilt dirt jumping setup, mobbing that bitch around kept me from gaining weight through middle school and early high school

i used to be pretty good at flatland tricks. but i havent ridden a bike in forever. once i turned 15, i just started riding street bikes.

I used to do BMX racing, but these days I mostly do mountain biking or downhill free riding, bit more fun IMO.

Started on a mongoose supergoose (epic)
supergoose2.jpg

Then I got into dirt jumping a Haro Supra back in the day. My brother thought it would be cool to ghost jump it into a creek repeatedly. I'ts been torn down in a box ever since.
image.aspx

Nah, my dumbass little brother spray painted the frame, turned it into a flatland bike with pegs all over it, and zip tied the seat to the frame so he'd have better clearance pulling mad tight stalls. Then he left it in front of a friends house, and it got stolen. :(

Grossssss, that blows man.

I remember those haro supra's. Super sick. At the time I got a TJ lavin edition fat boy. Worst bike ever, but thought it was the bee's knees.

I still have a 1991 mach one in decent shape. I raced it for a season once and kept it stock. I pulled in more trophies with that than on all my other bikes combined.

i used to race in the NBL. had a schwinn brain foster sig frame, profile cranks, haro pars, and forks, fsa pig sealed headset, sun ringle double walls with sealed hubs, ect.

Still have my standard sta 500 i used to dirt and street. has standard stem, bars, forks, poverty pow crank, alex triple walls on sealed poverty hubs, fsa sealed headset witht he deep cup tubes to keep from head tube oval, ect. this thing is heavy but that was a good thing when i rode a few years back, couldnt break it if i tried. just sitts in the garage collecting dust now. i cant afford to get any major injuries anymore so i basically quit and started with cars

Back