anybody know a good DIY for coolant flush?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seanjuan

Hey,
before winter I'm going to flush my radiator, put in a new thermostat and a block heater and I was wondering if anyone knows of a good how to for doing this because I have never done it before. I know it's not hard but tips from people who have experience are always nice to have

thanks guys

coolant flush and thermo is really easy, simply take the top of your radiator cap off, put a large large pan of sometype under your radiator, then there is a butterfly type plastic plug on the bottom right of your radiator, simply remove and let it flush out, then cap, fill with water and flush again to get the old crud out, replace with new 50/50 mixture of water and coolant.

Thermo you just follow your lower radiator hose back to the back of the motor and unplug it, and with two 10mm bolts, unbolt them and you see your thermo.

good luck,

what about flushing engine coolant?
I read something about running water into your radiator or something while the car is running to pump clean water through the system?

there is only one type of coolant in your car, it runs in your radiator, engine, heater core underneath your dash and that is about it. It is all the same, so flush, flush,and flush again to get all the old shit out.

ok, I shouldn't have said "engine coolant"
I should have said the coolant that is in the engine, I know it's all the same, I have that much intelligence

so just flush the radiator and then fill with water... run till therm opens... flush rad again... repeat till clear?

Back