anybody know how to build a good resume?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lol, there isnt anything online thats under my name.
my myspace isnt even under my name.
so i dont think i have to worry about that.

I'm surprised this thread is still going strong. I got a job as an entry level mechanic, I start friday. About damn time I got another job

lol, entry level mech is the best way to start in the auto business imo
NADC is a waste. you get more shop time and actually make money to learn.
congradulations.

on subject: what do yall recomend for the objective part of the resume?

lol, entry level mech is the best way to start in the auto business imo
NADC is a waste. you get more shop time and actually make money to learn.
congradulations.

on subject: what do yall recomend for the objective part of the resume?

Say something like, "seeking ______ position with (company name), utilizing _____, _______, and _______ (skills/experience you have that pertains to said position.)"

i think objective is deprecated. i don't even use it any more. waste of space. No shit? you want a job in the field we're offering!? wow! lol

lol, i didnt know if it was something expected to be on there, or if i could leave it off.

should i just go with the bare min?
leave out the dates. anything that doesnt actually pertain to what i have done?

re: the objective statement. i kinda use it as my IDP (individual development plan) statement - something most companies kinda want to know about their employees...what is a long range goal you're working toward. maybe your goal lines up good with one of their needs; maybe not. i used to stress out about the objective statement because i felt like i was going to be too general or too specific. now i just say fukkit, this is why i bother doing what i do.

so if you're not motivated by some greater ambition or goal you want to achieve, i'd say leave it off.

That's another thing - as an IT person your resume, in digital format, should be PERFECT, and not made from any template. IT people can smell a template from a mile away.

If you submit digitally, make sure that when you say "I can use Microsoft Word" means "I can fucking rule the world up in dis bitch". I see SO many resumes that say "Microsoft Office Professional" and the formatting is shit, there are spaces everywhere, the paragraph formatting is off and the tags say shit like "Mah Homiez Rezuma" (I've seen that before)

Objective: To earn enough money, by whatever means necessary, to retire in Phuket by the time I'm 45.

also it helps to have a letter of recommendation
something simple and to the point
like:
To whom it may concern:

(your name here) is the shit!!!!

Sincerely:
(who ever is writing it)

feel free to copy that format :)

Back