1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody try Win8 Consumer Preview?

Discussion in 'Computers, Games, Electronics etc' started by Bob Vila, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Bob Vila

Bob Vila ɐןıʌ qoq Admin VIP

Finished upgrading this morning since my Vista (FML) Desktop at home was just being an :angrybear: lately. Still getting used to the navigation but the upgrade process was pretty smooth and all personal files were kept in-tact (the last time I went through an upgrade was on an old desktop going from ME to XP so I'm not used to a keeping files lol).

There were some compatibility issues with Adobe products but other than that, its pretty nice. Much faster than Vista and compared to my work laptop on Win7 I like it alot.

2. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

it should be great.

not bothering with w8 preview since it is basically a service pack to win7 with extra features. i will however move to it when it is part of our action pack :)

3. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

Be careful with these previews, as they usually have a set die off time, and there is often no upgrade path. be sure to back your shit up.

4. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

unless i can get like 5+ copies for uber cheap/free like i did with 7, im not moving off 7.

5. Bob Vila

Bob Vila ɐןıʌ qoq Admin VIP

I hear ya. I've got a NAS + carbonite. Running pretty lean until the full OS comes out just in case.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted