Anybody try Win8 Consumer Preview?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
Finished upgrading this morning since my Vista (FML) Desktop at home was just being an :angrybear: lately. Still getting used to the navigation but the upgrade process was pretty smooth and all personal files were kept in-tact (the last time I went through an upgrade was on an old desktop going from ME to XP so I'm not used to a keeping files lol).

There were some compatibility issues with Adobe products but other than that, its pretty nice. Much faster than Vista and compared to my work laptop on Win7 I like it alot.

it should be great.

not bothering with w8 preview since it is basically a service pack to win7 with extra features. i will however move to it when it is part of our action pack :)

Be careful with these previews, as they usually have a set die off time, and there is often no upgrade path. be sure to back your shit up.

unless i can get like 5+ copies for uber cheap/free like i did with 7, im not moving off 7.

Be careful with these previews, as they usually have a set die off time, and there is often no upgrade path. be sure to back your shit up.

I hear ya. I've got a NAS + carbonite. Running pretty lean until the full OS comes out just in case.

Back