Anybody using a JDM S-AFC?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bcreez

I'm runnin very rich and thought this would work to lean my motor out a little. let me know what work you've got done to your motor so i'll know why you set the safc the way you did. the only dyno around my way is WAY 2 FAR.

B18C1 lots of bolt ons and valve train work don't feel like typing it all. Runnin rich by the stoich meter. Put a P28 on motor b/c got a Skunk manifold. had to convert p28 from auto to manual. stoich meter cycled like it use to w/ p72 w/XS engineering chip. put mugen spec chip in p28 to up rev limit and vtec. now it stays rich all the time while driving only time it cycles is when i let off to change gears. yes i know all those chips make a car run extremely rich! well i can't afford a hondata! but when had the p72 chipped it cycled just fine. stoich meter reads rich, but no build up of carbon or gas in exhaust, no fouled or black plugs, fuel mileage hasn't changed at all, no smell of gas inside car or under hood. Rich or not? Need a dyno, yes i know!!

if you are using a "mugen" or "skunk2" chip then i'd say you are running probably like 11.5:1 or 12:1 a/f so you could likely lean it out on the low RPM scale as high as 15% and on the high side (7k and up) I wouldn't go any more lean than 7% for safety reasons.

but like everyone says... this is different for all motors.. but that is in general what i do w/ pretty near every car that' i've dyno tuned..

Back