1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody wanna stop by and help me?

Discussion in 'Computers, Games, Electronics etc' started by jamesA, May 18, 2010.

1. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

This computer I work on at work, it fucking sucks. I've complained several times that if it had just a little more ram it might be bearable, but only marginally.

One of our major suppliers just started paperless billing which I receive through my email. Going to the site and opening the bill is now so fucking annoying and painful that I stopped entering shit for two weeks because I got sick of taking 45 minutes just to enter one bill.

This morning I decided to give it another try. It took me from 8:30 to 11:00 am to enter a whopping FOUR fucking invoices into quickbooks. lol The first one took 45 minutes by itself because the page kept freezing when I'd switch between IE and quickbooks.

So, if any of you would like to come to the office here and destroy this goddamn piece of shit with a sledgehammer, I will gladly buy you some drinks next door.

Maybe then I'll get a computer that will actually work at a decent speed so I can do my job.

Edit: Sledgehammer not provided, I must make this look like the office was "broken into" to avoid suspicion of my doing it, as they know I beat the shit out of my netbook last month. :ph34r:

2. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

i can provide cheap laptop computers.

3. jamesA

How about cheap flat panel monitors? I could use a a dual monitor setup when doing this.

The supplier added a download in PDF option, so now I can actually get this shit done in a timely manner. I just did 15 invoices in 45 minutes, instead of the ONE I did last month in 45 minutes. lol

4. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

whats the specs on the machine?

5. jamesA

Old POS. I have no clue. lol

AMD Athlon processor

1.05 GHz, 512 mb RAM
    XP Pro, V 2002 Service Pack 2

6. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

update to SP4 and get another 512 of ram in there.

7. jamesA

I've been harassing my dad for 6 months for a bit more ram to no avail as of yet.

8. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

if it means enough to you you could always just put up the $20-40 and get some ram on your own
    how much is your sanity worth to you?

9. jamesA

id completely lose my sanity after he bitched me out for doing that, he's done it before when i bought alot of my own tools. lol

10. newb

newb phresh VIP

Wait. You could download the PDF and view it faster than loading the page online?

11. jamesA

Yes, the page loads, but when I switch back and forth between the page and quickbooks everything freezes. It's a combination of this slow ass computer and their slow ass website.

12. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

hey james...i got some spare RAM at the house if you want it. i dont need it. lemme know!

13. jamesA

Walked in this morning and started up this here computer for work.

My dad comes back to my office and says come see this monitor... Apparently his computer crashed hard Saturday morning so he went and got himself a new one with Windows 7.

Then he walks back into the back room and says come here.

"and here's your new computer/monitor."

sweeeeeeeeeeet!

Once they get his up and running, we'll be working on mine. Can't wait to be able to open up invoices and outlook only for it to actually open immediately.

14. endlesszeal

endlesszeal Senior Member

nice. its always great to get a hardware upgrade. know the specs to the machines?

if you makes you feel any better, my last work job had a pentium 3 with a whole 256mb of ram. took about 5-6 minutes to boot and load and no more than 1 window of internet explorer open or itll start paging the hard drive.

15. kelsodeez

kelsodeez New Member

do you get paid by the hour? if so, whats the problem again?

16. George777

George777 ^^ Likes Bewbies

I had those same sentiments for the longest time, until I realized that my hourly rate wasn't worth the loss of sanity I had. A list of things doesn't get any smaller just because the number of hours you are at work gets bigger... I could be a little presumptuous, but I'm willing to bet James doesn't want to be at work any longer than he has to, especially after a long day of dealing with asshats.

17. jamesA

I'm not sure on the specs as of yet... I want to move desks before I set it up so I can have more space. I remember having a computer that slow, I used to play Command and Conquer online on one of those. lol

I can enter 15 bills in 15 minutes, or spend an hour doing it... I'd rather spend 15 minutes on it and move on to something else. I've been here till 7 before trying to get shit entered and done, not getting paid.

:werd: The stories I could tell of the bitchfest that we get sometimes.

18. jamesA

Holy cow this flat screen is freaking ginormous. I scroll for 20 minutes to get from left to right...

19. jamesA

My old CRT and this new monster on my desk. I gotta switch to the larger desk if I want to try to use them both, which I honestly shouldn't have to. I can do invoices easily by themselves on here once I get shit loaded on here.

Attached Files:

20. Bob Vila

Bob Vila ɐןıʌ qoq Admin VIP

Working hard, huh? :D

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted