Anyone battle with weight?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Congratulations to you!

I believe thats all that needs to be said.

sure it does *L* its unhealthy just as over weight is..but for some reason i think that people who cant gain weight its harder for them because there body is stoping them from what they want to accomplish hence the bullshit with all the supplements..weight gainer this protein that yada yada yada

hmm.. i need to lose about 35 pounds and i'd be average weight for my height..

I think that all of those individuals with defeatist attitudes, need to wake up and smell the coffee.

My father is nearly 50years old and has managed to lose 50lbs over the course of a few months. His goal is ultimately to live a healthy and happy lifestyle, but the wake up call for him came when one of his friends passed away by the time he was 62 - as he put it the other day to one side of my family who just noticed his transformation - "He was 62 and he had a heart attack. Thats less than 20 years away. I like life, I wasn't ready to cash in my chips yet, so I did something about it."

People like my father are the people in this world who I find most inspiring. He went on for years being overweight, after being quite the athlete in his youth, and he made the changes that were significant in his life and unbeknownst to him, significant in the lives of his children.

He does cardio twice a day, on an old style stair stepper and on a crappy treadmill and hopes to be running outside by the time the warm weather comes back around.

If an older guy can make a change like that and I've seen plenty of others make significant changes then young bucks like those who frequent these boards should take the hint and learn that difficult things are possible.

Also, B, I sincerely hope that you hop back on that horse and start to take care of yourself again.

Dena was enough of a motivating factor in your life to propel you into a healthier life, the possibility of a long, fruitful, happy life should be an equaling motivating factor.

How the heck are you going to run all the technical institutes of the North East if you die by 40? ...great things could lie ahead.

I think that all of those individuals with defeatist attitudes, need to wake up and smell the coffee.

My father is nearly 50years old and has managed to lose 50lbs over the course of a few months. His goal is ultimately to live a healthy and happy lifestyle, but the wake up call for him came when one of his friends passed away by the time he was 62 - as he put it the other day to one side of my family who just noticed his transformation - "He was 62 and he had a heart attack. Thats less than 20 years away. I like life, I wasn't ready to cash in my chips yet, so I did something about it."

People like my father are the people in this world who I find most inspiring. He went on for years being overweight, after being quite the athlete in his youth, and he made the changes that were significant in his life and unbeknownst to him, significant in the lives of his children.

He does cardio twice a day, on an old style stair stepper and on a crappy treadmill and hopes to be running outside by the time the warm weather comes back around.

If an older guy can make a change like that and I've seen plenty of others make significant changes then young bucks like those who frequent these boards should take the hint and learn that difficult things are possible.

your absolutly right i saw a opening and went for it but age has nothing to do with it so they say except for the elasticity in the skin older people build muscle faster then us young bucks and there bodys develop quicker..but none the less old or not being lazy is being lazy hurting ur body is hurting ur body but geting ur mind right is the key to success i lost alot of weight and i am exstremly healthy i run the mile in 5:27 secs but i built this body/condition i didnt get it handed to me i made it and i also made that fat blob u see in those pics i have no heath problems no thyroid propblems y did i get so fat pure lazyness

what kind of mma do you do?
i was taking muay thai, sambo, and mma classes a few times a week for a while, but i just dont have time to dedicate to it like id like too.

I dunno what mma is. I'm about to go walk NYC. See ya!

everything and anything i can learn/mess with i have a personal friend of the family who does it and i go 4 times a week..hence the tattooed badge of my pops he was a cop so i get all the hook ups :)

I dunno what mma is. I'm about to go walk NYC. See ya!

mma = mixed martial arts = ufc/pride style

Also, B, I sincerely hope that you hop back on that horse and start to take care of yourself again.

Dena was enough of a motivating factor in your life to propel you into a healthier life, the possibility of a long, fruitful, happy life should be an equaling motivating factor.

heh, i'll hold my 'emo tongue'

How the heck are you going to run all the technical institutes of the North East if you die by 40? ...great things could lie ahead.

i'll surely have sold all of them for huge profts long before that :)

I battle with a lack of weight, does that count?

:werd:

6'0", 121 lbs here. Just like with most (not all) fat people, it's a lack of effort on my part. Only instead of getting fat when I'm lazy and don't eat right, I get skinny.

:werd:

6'0", 121 lbs here. Just like with most (not all) fat people, it's a lack of effort on my part. Only instead of getting fat when I'm lazy and don't eat right, I get skinny.

Jesus Christ man... I'm 6'0" and I usually fluctuate between 132-139. I've never hit 140, unless I'm wearing a lot of clothes and my leather coat.

But I feel your pain, I really do... how do you survive Chicago being that thin?

Cause it's a pain in the ass just 3 hours east of you in the same weather patterns.

yay for being naturally thin with a super high metabolism! If I hadn't gotten sick at 3 years old though I'd probably be over 200 lbs.

Damn, I'm 5'6"ish and I weigh 145 atm. I'm not sure what my body fat is, but it's very low. Do you guys work out often? I can bench well over my body weight and now I'm starting to work on my legs twice as much to get some more weight on me.

Silverchild, I hear ya. All of my good friends that I work out with are tall and my shoulders are no less broad than almost any of theirs. Also, I eat pretty damn healthy myself and I'm going to get my heart checked out next week due to some major pains.

Chrism, mad props to you, my friend. The only person who will work out with me in my family is one of my brothers... I wish more people had the motivation you do. You look so much better and feel it too. Why can't other people understand this concept? Seriously, congratulations. No turning back now and you're looking a bit jacked. Keep working out and stay away from roids =P

Blah, I was 7% body fat in 2000 and I still had a little gut then.

I call your bluff. I know people who compete in body building and cut down to 7-8% body fat, they're totally riped and are at their weakest point due to having such a low body fat. They say its hard to get through a day at that level. Its even hard to get out of bed.

As far as the OP... you know you're a noob when you ask a question like that hahaha.

Ever see a Flagday cover?

i'm on the road to loosing weight.. i started at 285, and last i weighed myself, almost 2 weeks ago, i was down to 270.. it's comming down!

gotta lose more weight for my wedding, in 6ish months :)

Damn, I'm 5'6"ish and I weigh 145 atm. I'm not sure what my body fat is, but it's very low. Do you guys work out often? I can bench well over my body weight and now I'm starting to work on my legs twice as much to get some more weight on me.

Silverchild, I hear ya. All of my good friends that I work out with are tall and my shoulders are no less broad than almost any of theirs. Also, I eat pretty damn healthy myself and I'm going to get my heart checked out next week due to some major pains.

Chrism, mad props to you, my friend. The only person who will work out with me in my family is one of my brothers... I wish more people had the motivation you do. You look so much better and feel it too. Why can't other people understand this concept? Seriously, congratulations. No turning back now and you're looking a bit jacked. Keep working out and stay away from roids =P

HAHA yeah alot of people think i took somthing but i didnt i do it naturally and still have been..but thanks alot and alot of people dont think it is me in the pics *lol* but the ones on my myspace dont look like me really im not so photogenic i will be taking some new ones hence my body changes every week *l* i work out really hard so i see results quicker then most

Back