Anyone been to Vancouver?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lswhitecivic

VIP
I'm going on an Alaskan cruise a week from today, that has an embarkation port of Vancouver. I've never been there but have heard that it has a high asian population.

I'm going to Vancouver a few days early to explore the city and try to find some hidden asian gems, mostly stuff that I can't get here in Colorado. I'll be staying in Richmond, which from what I can find is where the highest concentration of asian people. First and foremost would be good food: dim sum, bubble tea, okonomiyaki, korean bbq, pho, ramen, whatever else I can find. Next I'll be going shopping around to see what I can find. I found out that at Aberdeen Centre mall is the only Daiso department store outside of Japan, which should be a lot of fun. I'll also be looking for music stores to find CDs that I can't find outside of ordering online.

The last thing I'll be looking for are arcades where I can play my favorite Japanese shooter games that normally don't come the North America, Dodonpachi, Mushihimesama, Ketsui, ESP Galuda, etc. Most of you have probably never heard of any of those games. But let me tell you they are some of the best games to get your hand/eye coordination in tune.

Here is Mushi Stage 1 on Arrange mode.
YouTube - Mushihimesama - Arrange - Stage 1

So anyways, if you've been there let me know your experiences, its always fun going to a new place to explore.

They have a great all you can eat sushi place there. It's called Richmond Sushi. I live in Bellingham. :)

Cool, do you happen to know anything about the richmond night market? I keep seeing conflicting stories on if its open or not open. I also saw another story that it was open, but they didn't have any food stands.

I guess if worst comes to worst I'll just go and see for myself if its there or not.

I have no idea actually. I'm not that into the "japanese culture" as you are. But we make the trek quarterly to get all you can eat sushi. They have a good sized menu and the foods delicious for the price. Lunch is like 26 bucks and it dwindles down until you get to later dinner(what we do) for like 13 or something.

Back