anyone buy from antonline.com ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
I bought a simple 23 dollar decibel reader from this company, the company is one of the many that sells things on amazon.com
This is an e-mail I sent them tonight.....

Again this I think is the 4th time contacting you guys about this matter.
UPS said the package was delivered I believe that, however it was either stolen or delivered at the wrong door, you guys did your part I don't doubt that you sent the package, however UPS will not talk to me (the receiver), they will only talk to you (the shipper) I need someone to call UPS and give them the tracking # and let them know the package was never received. From there I would like to find out what UPS is going to do since to the best of my knowledge no one signed for it and the package could have easily been left at the club house rather then in front of 5 other apartment doors.

My first e-mail went unanswered. My 2nd e-mail got a reply of, "UPS as confirmed correct delivery."
When clearly I stated in the e-mail that the tracking # said it was delivered. After replying back to that e-mail about how I knew that but needed to open a case with UPS about it, I again did not get a reply back....

This is a simple problem to try and fix, all you have to do is call UPS and give them the tracking # and let them know the package was never delivered. Yet thanks to your company not having any phone support and e-mail support that has been next to nothing helpful, this whole order has been a real pain to deal with.

All I ask is that you either let UPS know that it's ok for me the receiver (jeff northam) to talk to them about the problem, or you guys talk to them and figure out where the package might have went. If I don't have an e-mail back by 6pm EST Tuesday the 3rd I'm going to take things into my own hands and have my Discovercard fix the problem.

My info.

Jeff Northam
my addy

daytime phone # ###

Tracking # ####

Discover had been very good in the past about disputes like this and I don't doubt that they'll help me out with this.
It just pisses me off that it has to go that way for such a SIMPLE thing. all they have to do is call UPS and open a claim... easy right?
I've done it before for my customers it's really not that hard to do. dial the 1800 # and say hey we have a problem... DONE!

bah

First of all, you're horrible at writing professional business letters. Your grammar is atrocious and on par with about a 3rd grader.

Secondly, good luck.

:p

Beyond any grammatical errors, you should be purchasing these meters:

Home, industrial, etc. measurement
Radio Shack meter ($50, the god damned universal industry standard - any job)
Behringer ECM8000 mic, UB802 mixer, w/sound card and software ($120+, suited toward speaker measurement based on software's ability)

Car
TermLab Sensor ($650+, Official dB meter of most Car Sound organizations)
splmeter.com's dBm-x ($70+, cheap meters that are not accurate, but moderatly precise)

I've not seen any other product until you get up to Bruel & Kjaer level equipment that is worth a second look. So what the hell are you using a dB meter for anyways?

good luck getting anything out of that...i had a friend who had UPS "deliver" something and he never got it...hmmm...UPS FTL!

Yeah no doubt my grammar skills lack, nothing new there.

I just need to check some basic DB levels around the house and work. For what I'm doing I don't need anything outside of a basic cheap reader.

Eh, still wouldn't trust a meter cheaper than the RS - especially if you want to determine what kind of exposure times you can safely withstand. 3db deviations account for doubling/halving of power which can half/double exposure times (respectively).

Eh, still wouldn't trust a meter cheaper than the RS - especially if you want to determine what kind of exposure times you can safely withstand. 3db deviations account for doubling/halving of power which can half/double exposure times (respectively).

I'm looking at it this way, anything over 80db is to much. If I can get a reader that is able to get give or take 5 db up or down from 85 then I'm fine with it.

I'm not testing it out on anything audio wise. Im testing it on things like vacuum cleaners, blinders, exhaust of my car, DBs made inside the car from having the windows down.

I'm just trying to get in the area of how loud things are.

Those are examples of "testing audio wise" - its all sound.

80db is playing it too safe, you'll have to go pretty far out of your way to maintain that. Not to say you'll die if you go over, but it would almost be a challenge to go about your normal day and not average over 85db for significant periods.

Also, make sure you're getting at least a true A-weighted device - the midband frequencies (2000-8000Hz) are really the most susceptable to damage because of our ears' sensitivity. You can take much more bass than midband material, over 20db more (so 80db at 3kHz, while 100 at 100Hz - even more lower than that). So that Bulldozer poses less of a threat than that screaming baby.

Back