anyone do a swap for a 88 crx dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

erebunicrx

my name is Dale
i cant make up my mind on a swap for my car. i was wondering if anyone has done a swap for this car. how they like it, how long it took , how much money they spent all together? i have been doin a lot of research about the engines but everyone does have there problems wether its the price like the gsr or the low power from the zc. iwas thinking all the money i can save from doing the zc i could put into mods for the engine. i dont know!!! i really need sugestions and help about this thanx.

About 2k to get ready to run . Don't listen for those who said 1500.00 to be ready. The potentail of B16a in CRX is awesome, U will sure like it.
If u do it yourself. That all will cost. ZC can't compare to B16a.

hes right, a b16 crx is very awe inspiring. if you want to go cheap but stay with a b series, you could go b18a/b (non-vtec) integra motor. you can pick up a block between 100-500 depending on mileage and year. ive seen full swaps go for around 1200. its not vtec, but you can either frankenstein it (ls-VTEC) or go boost. i went with the ZC motor because of money, but im gonna switch to a b18 next spring because its hard to mod the zc. theres not a lot of aftermarket support for it. a b series you can run CTR or ITR parts and a host of other stuff. finding just some good camshafts for a zc is hard. all you can do to a zc motor is pretty much turbo it. dont get me wrong, not a bad motor, but hindsight being 20/20, save more money, go b series.

Start doing research into the other aspects of the swap before you dwell on "which swap to get".

-Rememeber, any swap is going to require the MPFI conversion, which is very easy to do yourself if you have done your reasearch.

-B-series EF swaps require custom mounts, axles, shift linkage, and another custom bracket if you want to keep A/C. Hopefully the swap will come with the axles and shift linkage

-VTEC swaps need 3-4 new wires ran from ECU to engine, depending on whether you keep knock sensor.

-OBD 1 swaps will require even more wiring modifications.

-for shear HP per $ ratio, the ZC, D16A6, Z6, and Y8 swaps dominate. Throw the saved money into a $1300 greddy turbo kit and go decimate some B16 CRXs and hatches.

Back