Anyone drive a volvo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

Im wondering if anyone has ever driven a volvo from the late 80's early 90's? I want to know if they are decently fast cause my dad wants ti get me a volvo from his friend as a winter beater and I was think they are turbocharged. I wanted to get a truck but a turbo car might be fun in the snow. The only downside to the volvo that its a wagon. But it has good space for shit i lug around, better than the sol. Oh yeah are volvo's RWD?

My ex-step-mom had one in tan. It was a wagon, aren't they all???? It had a bunch of room in it. We hauled 10 people to the beach in it one time. Can't remember if it was FF or FR, but I'm sure Edmunds.com could tell you all that!

drop a 350 in it

DSC01392.jpg

My mom had one for about a year after the big divorce. She loved it, it wasn't really fast, but it got up to speed in about 12 secs. It was a tank in the snow, could go up the pass, whatever, didn't phaze it at all. I believe they are rear wheel drive also.

I used to work at a Volvo dealer, and we always got those models in. They're rear wheel drive, and most are turbo charged. They are total tanks, I never liked driving them. I was never able to test them in the snow, but on wet pavement I was able to get them sideways with a little work. The plus side is that you could fit 5 or 6 Honda motors in the back, without the seats! If it was me I'd get something else, but everyone has different opinions.

i saw a Volvo wagon at a car show one time that had a Mustang 5.0L V8 in it and holy shit was that fucker loud. it had that deep rumble senonimous (sp?) with V8s...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 13 2003, 06:08 PM
DSC00497.JPG

Yes...That is a cool Volvo...prolly the only one I really liked....

I hope word get's to him about the Beave Run, and DOW's in NJ....I think he would add a little spice to the mix of RX7's and all the friggen 240SX's there.....

some plus' about the 740 is that it has room for my friends and it has a turbo. I could use the turbo parts for my setup when im done with the car. Trucks are expensive but they are better at working and I wont get made fun of like I would in a wagon :(

RWD=drifter, haha ya volvo wagon

Originally posted by Airjockie@Dec 13 2003, 07:56 PM

I hope word get's to him about the Beave Run,

i just sent him a message :)

I want one for my gf...she has a short attention span for driving in my opnion so I'm hoping to get her a super safe volvo soon

hehehe,not one w/a 350 in it,that one would be for me......wait I already have a truck w/a 351 cleveland and I cant stand the fuel consumption....its mean but I never drive it...I do love the new coupes tho

one of my friends has a new s40. he code whited with me in the car at a nearby huge empty parking lot. was tons O'fun. the cars first gear goes up to like 50 and when the turbo spools up the car can MOVE

the s40? if that's what you meant, then yea, I thought it was a very nice comfortable and smooth ride

Back